TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Beneficial Knowledge
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01Oct2014, 01:27 AM   #1
Articles
Articles from Trusted Sites
2000+ Posts

Default Ruling on Itikaf in a Masjid other than the Three Holy Masjids ? Ibn Baz Fatwas

Fatwas of Ibn Baz
Q. What is the degree of authenticity of the Hadith: There should be no I`tikaf (seclusion for worship in a Masjid) except in the Three Masjids (mosques) If it is authentic, does it actually mean that there should be no I`tikaf except in the Three Masjids (i.e., the Sacred, Prophet’s, and Al-Aqsa)?
A. It is valid to observe I`tikaf in any Masjid other than the three Masjids, on condition that congregational Salah (Prayer) is established therein. For, if this condition is not fulfilled, it becomes invalid to observe I`tikaf there.
However, this does not apply if a person vows to observe I`tikaf in any of the three Masjids, for they are then obliged to fulfill their vow. May Allah guide us all to do what pleases Him.
As-salamu `alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuh (May Allah’s Peace, Mercy, and Blessings be upon you!).
Chairman of the Departments of Scholarly Research,
Ifta’, Daw`ah, and Guidance
Posted from http://alifta.org
Other Links:
Other Beneficial posts:
  1. The Ruling on Sitting on a prayer mat that contains a picture of*a*Masjid
  2. If there is a masjid that has a grave in it, is it permissible to pray in this masjid? Beneficial Answer by Shaykh Ubayd al Jabiree
  3. Al-Muharram Fatwas
  4. Pursuing the Monuments of Prophets : People try to get closer to Allah through means that drive them further from Allah – Ibn Baaz Fatwas
  5. Evil Omens and pessimistic about one’s house – Fatwas of Nur `Ala Al-Darb
  6. Enjoin right even if those advised become angry – Ibn Baaz fatwas
  7. Wooden “Sutrah Props” in the Masjid!
  8. Ruling on Hitting Children – Shaykh Albanee
  9. Placing Donation boxes in the Masjid – Answered by Sheikh Fawzan
  10. The Masjid of The People of Innovation is Cleaner and More Comfortable….!!! – Answered by Sheikh Saleh al Fowzan

More...
Articles is offline   Reply With Quote