TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Aqeedah & the Five Pillars of Islaam > Establish the Salaah (prayer)
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18Mar2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Books 5 Reminders for Trini Muslims: Ahadith on Salaah from An-Nawawi's 40

5 Reminders for Trini Muslims:
Ahadith on Salaah from An-Nawawi's 40

from: http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/?book=nawawi40hadith

Hadeeth #1: Deeds are but by Intention

On the authority of the leader of the believers, ‘Abee Hafs `Umar ibn al-Khattaab –Radiyallaahu`anhu - who said:

“I heard the Messenger of Allaah –Sallallaahu`alayhi wasallam – say:
‘Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have only that which he intended.‘Thus he whose migration was for Allaah and His Messenger, his migration was for Allaah and His Messenger,‘And he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage,‘His migration was for that for which he migrated.’”

It is reported by the two Imaams of the scholars of Hadeeth, Aboo `Abdillaah Muhammad ibn Ismaa`eel ibn Ibraheem ibn al-Mugheera ibn Bardizbah al-Bukhaaree and Abool-Husayn Muslim ibn al-Hajjaaj ibn Muslim al-Qushairee an-Naisaabooree, in their two Saheehs, which are the soundest of compiled books

To listen to Hadeeth #1, please CLICK HERE

Explanation by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh:Hadeeth # 5: Rejection of Innovations

On the authority of the Mother of the Faithful, Umm `Abdillaah `Aa'ishah - Radhiyallaahu `anhaa who said: "The Messenger of Allaah - Sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam - said:'He who innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e. Islaam] that is not of it will have it rejected [by Allaah].' "

Reported by Bukhaaree and Muslim.

And in one version of Muslim it reads: "He who does an act which we have not commanded, will have it rejected [by Allaah]."

To listen to Hadeeth #5, please CLICK HERE

Explanation by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh:Hadeeth #29: That which enters one into Jannah

On the authority of Mu`aadh ibn Jabal - Radiyallaahu `anhu - who said: I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, tell me of an act which will take me into paradise and will keep me away from the Hell Fire’. “He said: ‘ You have asked about a great matter, yet it is easy for him whom Allaah makes it easy: ‘Worship Allaah, without associating any partners with him; establish the prayer: pay the zakaah; fast in Ramadhaan; and make the Pilgrimage to the House.’ “Then he said: ‘Shall I not guide you towards the means of goodness? Fasting is a shield; Charity wipes away sin as water extinguishes fire; and the praying of a man in the depths of the night.

“Then he recited: {Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allaah’s Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.}’ [As-Sajdah 32:16-17]

Then he said: ‘Shall I not inform you of the head of the matter, its pillar and its peak?’“I said: ‘Yes, O Messenger of Allaah.’ He said: ‘The head of the matter is Islaam, its pillar is the prayer, and its peak is Jihaad.
“Then he said: ‘Shall I not tell you of the foundation of all of that?’
"I said: 'Yes, O Messemger of Allaah.'

So he took hold of his tongue and said: 'Restrain this.'.
“I said: ‘O Prophet of Allaah, will we be taken to account for what we say with it?’
“He said: ‘May your mother be bereaved of you, O Mu`aadh! Is there anything that throws people into the Hell Fire upon their faces-or: on their noses – except the harvest of their tongues?’”

Reported by at-Tirmidhee, who said it was a good and sound Hadeeth.

To listen to Hadeeth #29, please CLICK HERE

Hadeeth #38: The One who Allaah Loves

On the authority of ‘Abee Hurayrah - Radiyallaahu `anhu – who said: “The Messenger of Allaah– Sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam –said:

‘Verily, Allaah the Most High has said: "Whoever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, then I have declared war against him." And My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved to me than the religious duties I have obligated upon him."And My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory deeds until I love him."When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees,"And his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. "Were he to ask of Me, I would surely give it to him; and were he to seek refuge with Me, I would surely grant him refuge.”

Reported by al-Bukhaaree

To listen to Hadeeth #38, please CLICK HERE

Hadeeth #42: The Forgiveness of Allaah

On the authority of Anas - Radiyallaahu `anhu – who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah– Sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam – say:

‘Allaah the Most High has said: “O son of Aadam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.O son of Aadam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O son of Aadam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it."

Related by at-Tirmidhee and he called it a Hasan Saheeh Hadeeth

To listen to Hadeeth #42, please CLICK HERE

Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Servant is offline   Reply With Quote