TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Aqeedah & the Five Pillars of Islaam > Establish the Salaah (prayer)
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29Jan2012, 01:58 AM   #1
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Salaah 7 Reminders for Trinidad Muslims (Adhan vs. Iqaamah, and related matters)

7 Reminders for Trinidad Muslims
(Adhan vs. Iqaamah, and related matters)

Some advices to my fellow Muslim brothers in Trinidad and Tobago. Please share, to help revive these sunnahs. BarakAllahu feekum. The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, what means, "Whoever invites to goodness will have a reward like all those who follow him in that, without their rewards decreasing in the least..." (Muslim)

(1) The Adhan vs. the Iqaamah: Adhan twice, Iqaamah once

Anas (radhiAllahu`anhu) narrated, “Bilal was ordered to repeat the wording of the Adhan for Salah twice (in doubles) and to pronounce the wording of the Iqamah once (in singles), except “qad qama-tis-salah.” [al-Bukhari; Adhan, Chapter: To pronounce the wording of the Iqamah once (in singles) except ‘qad-qamat-is-salah”, Hadith 607]

AUDIO

(2) What to say on hearing the Adhan being called

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (radhiAllahu`anhu) narrated, that Allaah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said “When you hear the adhan, say just as the Mu’adhin says.” [al-Bukhari; Adhan, Chapter: What to say on hearing the Adhan, Hadith 611]

Issa bin Talha narrated that he heard Mu’awiyyah (radhiAllahu`anhu) repeating the words of the Adhan up to ‘wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasul-Ullah.’ [al-Bukhari; Adhan, Chapter: What to say on hearing the Adhan, Hadith 612]

Yahya narrated: Some of my companions told me that Hisham said, ‘When the Mu’adhin said, ‘hayya alas-salah (come for the prayer), Mu’awiyyah said:

“Laa hawla wa laa quw-wata illa billah”
(There is no might or power except with Allaah), and added, “We heard your Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) saying the same.’” [al-Bukhari; Adhan, Chapter: What to say on hearing the Adhan, Hadith 613]

Notes:

(3) Adhan when it is raining

Ibn Abbaas (radhiAllahu`anhu) narrated that he addressed the people on a (rainy and) muddy day and when the Mu’adhin said, ‘haiya alas-Salaah’ (come for the salaah), Ibn Abbaas (radhiAllahu’anhu) ordered him to say ‘As-Salaah fir-rihaal’ (perform salaah in your homes). The people began to look at each other in surprise as if they did not like it. Ibn Abbaas (radhiAllahu anhu) said, ‘it seems that you thought ill of it (ie, of the addition to the adhan) but no doubt it was done by one who was better than I (ie, the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam). It (the salaah) is a strict order and I disliked bringing you out (with your legs covered with mud).”

[al-Bukhari; Adhan, Chapter: Can the Imaam perform salaah with only those who are present, Hadith 668]

(4) Turning the Neck while pronouncing the Adhan

Abu Juhaifah (radhiAllahu`anhu) narrated: I saw Bilaal (radhiAllahu’anhu) calling for the Salah and I would follow (looking at) his mouth (as he moved it) to the (right) side and the (left) side with his fingers in his ears.

[Tirmidhi, As-Salaat; Chapter: Entering the fingers in ears while pronouncing Adhan, Hadith: 197]

(5) Charging (money) for Pronouncing the Adhan

Uthman bin Abi Al-Aas (radhiAllahu`anhu) stated that the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) appointed him chief of his community and ordered him: “Appoint a man as a Mu’adhin who does not charge (money) for pronouncing the Adhan.”
[Abu Dawood, As-Salaat, Chapter: Charging for Adhan, Hadith 531]

(6) Salaah between Adhan and Iqaamah

Abdullah bin Mughffal al-Muzani (radhiAllahu`anhu) narrated that the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said thrice: “There is a salaah between the two adhaans” (ie, adhan and iqaamah); “There is a salaah between the two adhaans” ...and then while saying it the third time he (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) added, “for the one who wants to (pray that salaah).”

[al-Bukhari, Adhan, Chapter: Between every two calls there is a Salaah, Hadith 627]

(7) When the people should stand up

Abu Qatadah (radhiAllahu`anhu) narrated that the Allaah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “If the Iqaamah is pronounced then do not stand for Salaah till you see me (in front of you)”.
[al-Bukhari, Adhan, Chapter: When should the people get up for the Salaah if they see the Imaam during the Iqaamah, Hadith 637]

Docs version: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...1P61qN298/edit

Complied from: Prayer According to the Sunnah, Zulfiqar, Darrussalam
Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Servant is offline   Reply With Quote