TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Aqeedah & the Five Pillars of Islaam > Establish the Salaah (prayer)
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06Feb2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Salaah 7 Reminders for Trinidad Muslims: The Imaam and the followers (in Salaah)

7 Reminders for Trinidad Muslims:
The Imaam and the followers (in Salaah)

Some advices to my fellow Muslim brothers in Trinidad and Tobago. Please share, to help revive these sunnahs. BarakAllahu feekum. The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, what means, "Whoever invites to goodness will have a reward like all those who follow him in that, without their rewards decreasing in the least..." (Muslim)

(1) Facing the followers while straightening the rows

Narated Anas bin Malik (radhiAllahu anhu): Once the Iqama was pronounced, and Allaah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wassallam) faced us and said, “Straighten your rows and stand closer together, for I see you from behind my back.”

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Adhan,
Chapter: Facing of the Imaam towards his followers while straightening the rows, Hadith 719]

(2)
Standing shoulder-to-shoulder and foot-to-foot in the row

An Nu-man bin Bashir said, “I saw that every one of us used to put his heel with the heel of his companion.” Narrated Anas bin Malik (radhiAllahu anhu): the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, Straighten your rows for I see you from behind my back.” Anas added, “Everyone of us used to put his shoulder with the shoulder of his companion and his foot with the foot of his companion.”

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Adhan, Chapter: To stand shoulder to shoulder and foot to foot in the row, Chapter Introduction and Hadith 725]--
See also:
  • Sahih Al-Buhari, As-Salaat, Chapter: Keeping the rows straight is part of the perfection of Salaah
  • Sahih Muslim, As-Salaat, Chapter: Straightening the rows
  • Abu Dawood, As-Salaat, Chapter: Straightening the row.

(3)
Saying Ameen aloud by the Imam

Ata said: “Ameen is dua (an invocation)”. Ibn Az-Zubair and the persons behind him said Amin loudly till the mosque echoed. Abu Hurairah used to say to the Imaam “Do not say Amin before me (ie before I join the row for the prayer). Nafi said: “Ibn Umar never missed ‘Ameen’, and urged the people to say it. I heard something good about it from him.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Book of Adhan, Introduction to Chapter 111: Saying of Ameen aloud by the Imaam]

Narrated Abu Hurairah (radhiAllahu anhu): The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) said,“Say Ameen when the Imaam says it, and if the Ameen of any one of you coincides with that of the angels, then all his past sins will be forgiven.” Ibn Shihab said,Allaah’s Messenger (Salallahu alayhi wa sallam) used to say “Ameen”.

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Adhan, Chapter: Saying of Ameen aloud by the Imaam, Hadith 780]

(4)
Saying Ameen aloud by the followers

Narrated Abu Hurairah (radhiAllahu anhu): Allaah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Say Ameen when the Imaam says ‘ghairil maghdubi alaihim waladaal-leen’; all the past the past sins of the person whose saying (of Ameen) coincides with that of the angels, will be forgiven.”

[Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Adhan, Chapter: Saying of Ameen aloud by the follwers, Hadith 782]

(5)
Prostrate only after the Imam prostrates

Narrated al-Bara (and he was not a liar): When Allaah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said “Sami Allahu liman hamidah”, none of us bent our backs (for prostration) until the Prophet (Salallahu alayhi wa sallam) prostrated and then we would prostrate after him.”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Book of Adhan, Chapter: When should those who are behind the Imaam prostrate?, Hadith 690]

(6)
Carrying a child

Abu Qatada al-Ansari (radhiAllahu anhu) narrated: “Allaah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) was offering Salaah and he was carrying Umama the daughter of Zainab, the daughter of Allah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) and she was the daughter of As bin Rabi bin Abd-Shams. When he prostrated, he put her down and when he stood, he carried her (on his neck)."

[Sahih Al Bukhari, Book of As-Salaah, Chapter: If a small girl is carried on one’s neck during Salah, Hadith 516]

(7) Imaam faces the followers after the Salaah

Narrated Samura bin Jundab (radhiAllahu anhu): “The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) used to face us on completion of the Salaah.”

[Sahih al-Bukhar, Book of Adhan, Chapter: The Imaam should face the followers after finishing the prayer with Taslim, Hadith 845]

GoogleDocs version:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...o7wHC-5r4/edit
Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Servant is offline   Reply With Quote