TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Aqeedah & the Five Pillars of Islaam > Establish the Salaah (prayer)
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17Jun2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Arrow On Raising the Hands (from Sahih al-Bukhari)

On Raising the Hands
Evidences from Sahih al-Bukhari

For the benefit of the brothers who may not realize that they need to raise their hands not only at the start of the prayer, but also before bowing after raising up after bowing (ruku).

The evidence is not the opinion of a scholar, but clear authentic hadith in Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, in
(ruku), and The Book of the Characteristics of Prayer, or Chapter 84 on page 414 and 415 (#735-#737) of the Darussalaam printing, which can be found in most masaajid. The first hadith is also found in the Summerized Sahih al-Bukhari under the same chapter (i think on page 247 or thereabouts).

Quote:
Narrated Salim bin 'Abdullah: My father said, "Allah's Messenger used to raise both his hands up to the level of his shoulders when opening the prayer; and on saying the Takbir for bowing. And on raising his head from bowing he used to do the same and then say "Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida, Rabbana walaka-l-hamd." And he did not do that (i.e. raising his hands) in prostrations. [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol1#735]
Quote:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar : I saw that whenever Allah's Messenger stood for the prayer, he used to raise both his hands up to the shoulders, and used to do the same on saying the Takbir for bowing and on raising his head from it and used to say, "Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida". But he did not do that (i.e. raising his hands) in prostrations. [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol1#736]
Quote:
Narrated Abu Qilaba: I saw Malik bin Huwairith saying Takbir and raising both his hands (on starting the prayers) and raising his hands on bowing and also on raising his head after bowing. Malik bin Huwairith said, "Allah's Messenger did the same." [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol1#737]
Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Last edited by Servant : 17Jun2009 at 01:15 AM.
Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servant For This Useful Post:
Sameerah (17Jun2009)