TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Aqeedah & the Five Pillars of Islaam > Establish the Salaah (prayer)
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10Dec2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Articles
Articles from Trusted Sites
2000+ Posts

Hajj Emoticon Salaah in al-Haram: Makkah Salaat Al Khusoof

Makkah Khusoof ????? 14 ???? 1433 - 10 ?????? 2011 Sat 14/1/1433 - 10/12/2011 (Surah Qaf , Ad-Dhariyat , At-Tur , Al-Munafiqun) Sheikh Juhany Download Audio Watch Video in Media Player Windows Media (60.9 MB) Khutbah Download Audio Watch Video in Media Player Windows Media (60.9 MB)https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...recordings.com More...
Articles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10Dec2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Default Re: Salaah in al-Haram: Makkah Salaat Al Khusoof

HD Makkah Khusoof Khutbah 10th December 2011 by Sheikh Al-Juhany

The Khutbah: http://youtu.be/9WnVAoQ5mQs

The Eclipse Prayer (Salaatul Khusoof)

Section: How to Pray the Eclipse Prayer

Book 12, Number 12.1.1:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa from his father that A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "There was an eclipse of the sun in the time of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, led the people in prayer. He stood, and did so for a long time. Then he went into ruku, and made the ruku long. Then he stood again, and did so for a long time, though not as long as the first time. Then he went into ruku, and made the ruku long, though not as long as the first time. Then he rose, and went down into sajda. He then did the same in the second raka, and by the time he had finished the sun had appeared. He then gave a khutba to the people, in which he praised Allah and then said, 'The sun and the moon are two of Allah's signs. They do not eclipse for anyone's death nor for anyone's life. When you see an eclipse, call on Allah and say, "Allah is greater" and give sadaqa.' Then he said, 'O community of Muhammad! ByAllah, there is no-one more jealous than Allah of a male or female slave of his who commits adultery. O community of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I knew, you would laugh little and weep much'."
Book 12, Number 12.1.2:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Ata ibn Yasar that Abdullah ibn Abbas said, "There was an eclipse of the sun and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, prayed, and the people prayed with him. He stood for a long time, nearly as long as (it takes to recite) Surat al-Baqara (Sura 2), and then went into ruku for a long time. Then he rose and stood for a long time, though less than the first time.Then he went into ruku for a long time, though less than the first time. Then he went down into sajda. Then he stood for a long time, though less than the first time. Then he went into ruku for a long time, though less than the first time. Then he rose and stood for a long time, though less than the firsttime. Then he went into ruku for a long time, though less than the first time. Then he went down into sajda, and by the time he had finished the sun had appeared. Then he said, 'The sun and the moon are two of Allah's signs. They do not eclipse for anyone's death nor for anyone's life. When you see an eclipse, remember Allah.' They said, 'Messenger of Allah, we saw you reach out for something while you were standing here and then we saw you withdraw.' He said, 'I saw the Garden and I reached out for a bunch of grapes from it, and if I had taken it you would have been able to eat from it for as long as this world lasted. Then I saw the Fire - and I have never seen anything more hideous than what I saw today - and I saw that most of its people were women.' They said, 'Why, Messenger of Allah?' He said, 'Because of their ungratefulness (kufr).' Someone said, 'Are they ungrateful toAllah?' He said, 'They are ungrateful to their husbands and they are ungrateful for good behaviour (towards them) . Even if you were to behave well towards one of them for a whole lifetime and then she were to see you do something (that she did not like) she would say that she had never seen anything good from you.' "
Book 12, Number 12.1.3:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from 'Amra bint Abd ar-Rahman from A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, that a jewish woman came to beg from her and said, "May Allah give you refuge from the punishment of the grave." So A'isha asked the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "Are people punished in their graves?", and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, took refuge in Allah from that. Then one morning the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, went out on a journey and there was an eclipse of the sun, and he returned in the late morning and passed through his apartments. Then he stood and prayed, and the people stood behind him. He stood for a long time, and then went into ruku for a long time. Then he rose and stood for a long time, though less than the first time, and then went into ruku for a long time, though less than the first time. Then he rose, and went down into sajda. Then he stood for a long time, though less than the time before, and then went into ruku for a long time, though less than the time before. Then he rose and stood for a long time, though less than the time before, and then went into ruku for a long time, though less than the time before. Then he rose, and went down into sajda. When he had finished he said what Allah willed him to say, and then he told them to seek protection for themselves from the punishment of the grave."
Section: About the Eclipse Prayer

Book 12, Number 12.2.4:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa from Fatima bint al Mundhir that Asma bint Abi Bakr as-Siddiq said, "I went to A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, during an eclipse of the sun, and everybody was standing in prayer, and she too was standing praying. I said, 'What is everybody doing?' She pointed towards the sky with her hand and said, 'Glory be to Allah.' I said, 'A sign?' She nodded 'Yes' with her head."
She continued, "I stood until I had almost fainted, and I began to pour water over my head. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, praised Allah and spoke well of Him, and then said, 'There is nothing which I had previously not seen beforehand that I have not now seen while standing - even the Garden and the Fire. It has been revealed to me that you will be tried in your graves with a trial, like, or near to, the trial of the Dajjal (I do not know which one Asma said). Every one of you will have someone who comes to him and asks him, 'What do you know about this man?' A mumin, or one who has certainty (muqin) (I do not know which one Asma said), will say, 'He is Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who came to us with clear proofs and guidance, and we answered and believed and followed.' He will then be told, 'Sleep in a good state. We know now that you were a mumin.' A hypocrite, however, or one who has doubts (l do not know which one Asma said), will say, 'I do not know, I heard everybody saying something and I said it.' "
Source: http://www.calgaryislam.com/imembers...a/012.mmt.html

see also: http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=1995

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Umm Mas'ud

Fatawa Islamiyah : Islamic Verdicts Vol. 2 Purification and Prayer Pg. 307 - Answered by: Shaikh Ibn Baz
Ruling on the Lunar Eclipse and the Solar Eclipse and Matters related to them

Q 1. Revered Shaikh, we read in the newspapers an article, the essence of which was "....that the moon would be totally eclipsed a little after sunset."
That was three days before the eclipse occurred. The writer explained the reasons for its occurrence, its start and its end, which caused one to ask oneself a number of questions, bearing in mind the following facts:

1. That the lunar eclipse and the solar eclipse are natural occurrences, because the scholars of astronomy know of their occurrence a number of days beforehand and are able to predict their extent, their beginnings and their end precisely.

2. That the Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) ordered us in a Hadith narrated by Muslim, on the authority of A'ishah, may Allah be please with her, to pray at the time when an eclipse occurs, saying:
"Pray, so that Allah may relieve you."

3. And Al-Bukhari narrated, on the authority of Asma' bint Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with them both, that she said: "We were ordered to release slaves at the time of the eclipse."

4. It has been reported that in Fathul-Bari that:
"The sun and the moon are two of the Signs of Allah by which Allah causes fear to His Servants."

But why are the servants afraid, when the eclipse is something natural and well known before it happens?

A 1. It has been authentically reported from the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) that he said that solar and lunar eclipses occur as something fearful from Allah to His servants, in order to encourage them to respect the Signs of Allah and to fear Him, the Almighty, the All-Powerful and to resort to remembrance of Him and obedience towards Him. He (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) said that they are not eclipsed for the death of any person, nor for his birth and that they are only two Signs from among the Signs of Allah by which Allah causes fear to His servants. He said: "If you observe an eclipse, then seek protection in remembrance of Him and supplicate Him."

He (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) also said: "If you see it, then pray and supplicate until He relieves you of what afflicts you."

And he ordered us in these circumstances to make Takbir, to free slaves and to give charity. All of this is prescribed at the time of an eclipse: prayer, remembrance, seeking forgiveness, giving charity, freeing slaves, fear of Allah - the Al-Mighty, the All-Powerful - and to make them beware of His punishment.

That it is a Sign whose occurrence is known through calculation does not negate that it is a cause for invoking fear of Allah the Almighty and a means of making people beware of Him, the Most Glorified, Most High. For it is He Who makes the Signs and organizes their causes, like the rising and setting of the sun at specific times and likewise the moon and the stars which are Signs from among the Signs of Allah, the Most Glorified, the Most High. The fact that Allah has made causes for them, as mentioned by the astronomers, by which they know when eclipses occur, does not negate them being means of invoking fear and warning of (the punishment of) Allah, the Almighty, the All-Powerful.

Likewise, all of His clear Signs, such as the sun, the moon, the stars, the heat, the cold - all of them are Signs in which there is fear and warning against disobeying Allah after He has given these Blessings. And people are encouraged to beware of Him ( i.e. His Punishment) and to fear Him, the Most Glorified, so that they remain steadfast in obedience to His Commands and avoid what He has forbidden.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Ibn Shareef
In addition to this, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-'Uthaymeen, rahimahullah mentioned that Salaatul Kusoof is at the very least, fardhul kifaayah, i.e. compulsory on a group of the community that relieves the rest of them from the duty, like Salaatul Janaazah. And that some of the Scholars hold that it is fardhul 'Ayn, i.e. it is compulsory upon every individual.

He said: "...As evidence, they cited the order of the Prophet,salallahu 'alaihi wa sallam to do it, and the fact that the basic principle with regards to commands is obligation, and this is supported by the evidences which prove its importance.

Because it (the eclipse) is a warning from Allaah, the Almighty, the All-Powerful of a punishment the causes of which have taken place, and so it is incumbent upon the worshippers to beseech Allaah, the Almighty and All-Powerful due to this punishment the cause of which has taken place and for which Allaah has delivered a warning..."

But he said that according to the majority of the Scholars, it is highly recommended and not obligatory, but he brings evidence to show that at the very least it is fardhul Kifaayah.

Refer to Fataawa Arkaan Al Islaam pg. 565

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Old 10Dec2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Default Re: Salaah in al-Haram: Makkah Salaat Al Khusoof

Home > As Salah (The Prayer in Islam), Superegatory Prayers > Salat-ul-Kusuf (Prayer on a solar eclipse) and Salat-ul-Khusuf (Prayer on a lunar eclipse)
Salat-ul-Kusuf (Prayer on a solar eclipse) and Salat-ul-Khusuf (Prayer on a lunar eclipse)

December 10, 2011 AbdurRahman.org Leave a comment Go to comments
http://salahonline.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=191&h=127
The fifth question of Fatwa no. 9527
Q 5: How many Rak‘ahs (units of Prayer) are there in Salat-ul-Khusuf (Prayer on a lunar eclipse)? And what is to be recited in them?
A: Salat-ul-Kusuf (Prayer on a solar eclipse) and Salat-ul-Khusuf (Prayer on a lunar eclipse) are each comprised of two Rak‘ahs (units of Prayer). Recitation in both Salahs (Prayers) is performed out loud. In each Rak‘ah, there are two Ruku‘s (bowing), the second of which is always shorter than the first, and there are also two recitations. After the Takbirat-ul-Ihram (saying: “Allahu Akbar [Allah is the Greatest]” upon starting Prayer), Surah Al-Fatihah and a long Surah are recited. After the first Ruku‘, Surah Al-Fatihah and a long Surah are recited, which is shorter than the preceding recitation. There are two Sujuds (Prostrations) in each Rak‘ah. This is the most authentic report mentioned regarding this Salah.
May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions!
Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’
Deputy Chairman Chairman
`Abdul-Razzaq `Afify `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
Source : alifta.net
How should Salat-ul-Kusuf be done? Fatwas of Ibn Baz – alifta.net
Q: How should Salat-ul-Kusuf (Prayer on a solar eclipse) and Salat-ul-Khusuf (Prayer on a lunar eclipse) be performed? Is there any difference between them? What is your opinion on the reports published by the papers about the timings of a solar or lunar eclipse?
A: There are authentic Hadith in which the Prophet (peace be upon him) showed how Salat-ul-Kusuf can be performed. He (peace be upon him) ordered that people should be called to it by announcing as-salatu jami’ah “‘Gather for Salah”.
The most authentic reports concerning this Salah show that it consists of two Rak’ahs and that in each Rak’ah one should make two recitations and perform two Ruku’ (bowings) and two Sujud (prostrations). The person should make lengthy recitation, Ruku’ and Sujud. The first recital and Ruku’ should be longer than the second ones. Similarly, the recitation in the second Rak`ah should be shorter than the second recital in the first Rak`ah. The person should make Ruku’ in the second Rak`ah for a shorter time than the two Ruku’ in the first one. During the second Rak`ah, the person should make a second recital and Ruku’ for a shorter time than the first in the same Rak`ah.
As for the two Sujud, it is a Sunnah (recommended) to be lengthy providing that this does not cause any difficulty to the Ma’mums because this was the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) way.
Upon completing Salah, the Imam, if he is knowledgeable, is allowed to give a sermon and tell people that the solar and lunar eclipse are two signs of Allah (Exalted be He) by which He frightens His servants. The Muslims, upon seeing it, are prescribed to offer Salah, remember Allah (Exalted be He), make Du`a’ and Takbir, give in charity and emancipate a believing slave until the end of the eclipse. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, <<Verily the sun and the moon are two signs among the signs of Allah by which He frightens His servants and they do not eclipse on account of the death or birth of anybody>>. So when you see either of them, observe Prayer, and supplicate Allah (may He be Exalted) till it is cleared from you. Another narration reads, <<So whenever you see them, haste to remember Allah, invoke Him and ask Him for forgiveness.>> It is narrated in some Hadith that the person should give in charity and emancipate slaves.
The astronomical reports about the timing of the eclipse must not be taken as the basis for offering Salat-ul-Kusuf. Some people of knowledge, including Shaykh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah and his knowledgeable disciple Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allah be merciful with both of them, supported this view saying that the astronomers may sometimes be wrong and then these reports are not reliable and people should not offer Salat-ul-Kusuf depending on them. Rather, they have to offer the Salah upon seeing the eclipse when it is happening.
The publications of the astronomers’ reports about the timing of eclipse should be banned by the Ministry of Information lest some people should be deceived by them. These publications may make people feel less fear upon seeing the eclipse. Allah (Exalted be He) has made them to be frightening and hence, people remember, fear, invoke Allah, and treat their slaves well. May Allah grant us success!
Source : Browse by Volume Number > Volume 13 > Completion of the Book of Salah (Prayer) > Salat-ul-Kusuf > the manner of Salat Al-Kusuf
Eclipse Prayer can be done individually or in congregation
Question: Do we have to pray Salaatul Khusoof (eclipse prayer) even if we do not witness it? And are there any specific ad’iyah (pl. du‚aa) that we have to say in the day or during the eclipse?
Answer: The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The sun and the moon are two signs from the signs of Allaah. They do not eclipse for the death of anyone neither their life (i.e. birth). Allaah uses these to strike fear into His slaves. So when you see them offer the prayer and supplicate until the eclipse passes away.”[1] If someone establishes that an eclipse is present then he should pray the Eclipse Prayer (Salaatul Khusoof), whether he has to pray it individually or in congregation and similarly whether it is a man or a woman. It is performed as described in the Sharee‚ah (Legislation).
Answered by: Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudayyaan
Title of Lecture: The Four Principles by Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhaab
Date of the Lecture: May 6, 2006
[1] Reported by An-Nisaaee 3/152, Shaikh Al-Albaanee رحمه الله says Saheeh in Sunan An-Nisaa‚ee (#1502).
http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/show...6&postcount=28
Related Links:
http://salahonline.wordpress.com/201...lunar-eclipse/
Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Servant is offline   Reply With Quote