Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_post_thanks.php on line 222
Jesus (AS) in the Qur'an - TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)

TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Beneficial Knowledge > Regarding Religions, Sects & Innovations...
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04Nov2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Articles

Default Jesus (AS) in the Qur'an

Jesus (AS) in the Quran

Muhsin Khan Translation.

[010:067] He it is Who has appointed for you the night that you may rest therein, and the day to make things visible (to you). Verily, in this are Ayât (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) for a people who listen (i.e. those who think deeply).

[010:068] They (Jews, Christians and pagans) say: "Allâh has begotten a son (children)." Glory is to Him! He is Rich (Free of all needs). His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. No warrant you have for this. Do you say against Allâh what you know not.

[010:069] Say: "Verily, those who invent a lie against Allâh, will never be successful" –

[010:070] (A brief) enjoyment in this world! and then to Us will be their return, then We shall make them taste the severest torment because they used to disbelieve [in Allâh, deny His Messengers, deny and challenge His Ayât (proofs, signs, verses, etc.)].

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page216.htm

--

[004:171] O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allâh aught but the truth. The Messiah 'خsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allâh and His Word, ("Be!" – and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rűh) created by Him; so believe in Allâh and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allâh is (the only) One Ilâh (God), Glorified is He (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allâh is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page105.htm

--

[005:116] And (remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'خsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say to men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allâh?' " He will say: "Glorified are You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen).

[005:117] "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allâh) did command me to say: 'Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

[005:118] "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page127.htm

Alleged crucifixion of

[004:155] Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allâh, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying: "Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e. we do not understand what the Messengers say)," – nay, Allâh has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little.

[004:156] And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary ['alayhas-salâm]) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);

[004:157] And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'خsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allâh," – but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them [the resemblance of 'خsâ (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely, they killed him not [i.e. 'خsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ['alayhis-salâm]]:

[004:158] But Allâh raised him ['خsâ (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) to Himself (and he ['alayhis-salâm] is in the heavens). And Allâh is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page103.htm

Apostle to Israel

[003:046] "He will speak to the people, in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

[003:047] She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allâh creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" – and it is.

[003:048] And He (Allâh) will teach him ['خsâ (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Taurât (Torah) and the Injîl (Gospel).

[003:049] And will make him ['خsâ (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allâh's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allâh's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.

[003:050] "And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurât (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allâh and obey me.

[003:051] "Truly, Allâh is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is a Straight Path."

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page056.htm

As a Sign

[023:050] And We made the son of Maryam (Mary) and his mother as a sign, and We gave them refuge on high ground, a place of rest, security and flowing streams.

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page345.htm

--

[043:057] And when the son of Maryam (Mary) is quoted as an example [i.e. 'خsâ (Jesus) is worshipped like their idols], behold, your people cry aloud (laugh out at the example).

[043:058] And say: "Are our âlihah (gods) better or is he ['خsâ (Jesus)]?" They quoted not the above example except for argument. Nay! But they are a quarrelsome people. (See V.21:98-101)

[043:059] He ['خsâ (Jesus)] was not more than a slave. We granted Our Favour to him, and We made him an example for the Children of Israel (i.e. his creation without a father).

[043:060] And if it were Our Will, We would have [destroyed you (mankind) all, and] made angels to replace you on the earth. (Tafsir At-Tabarî)

[043:061] And he ['خsâ (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)] shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) [i.e. 'خsâ's (Jesus) descent on the earth]. Therefore have no doubt concerning it (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And follow Me (Allâh) (i.e. be obedient to Allâh and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islâmic Monotheism, leading to Allâh and to His Paradise).

[043:062] And let not Shaitân (Satan) hinder you (from the right religion, i.e. Islâmic Monotheism). Verily, he (Satan) to you is a plain enemy.

[043:063] And when 'خsâ (Jesus) came with (Our) clear Proofs, he said: "I have come to you with Al-Hikmah (Prophethood), and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) in which you differ. Therefore fear Allâh and obey me.

[043:064] "Verily, Allâh! He is my Lord (God) and your Lord (God). So worship Him (Alone). This is the (only) Straight Path (i.e. Allâh's religion of true Islâmic Monotheism)."

[043:065] But the sects from among themselves differed. So woe to those who do wrong [by ascribing things to 'خsâ (Jesus) that are not true] from the torment of a painful Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!

[043:066] Do they only wait for the Hour that it shall come upon them suddenly while they perceive not?

[043:067] Friends on that Day will be foes one to another except Al-Muttaqűn (the pious. See V.2:2).

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page493.htm
http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page494.htm

Ascribing of as a son to Allah

[005:117] "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allâh) did command me to say: 'Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page127.htm

--

[005:072] Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allâh is the Messiah ['خsâ (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['خsâ (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zâliműn (polytheists and wrong doers) there are no helpers.

[005:073] Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no Ilâh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilâh (God Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them.

[005:074] Will they not turn with repentance to Allâh and ask His forgiveness? For Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[005:075] The Messiah ['خsâ (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddîqah [i.e. she believed in the Words of Allâh and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allâh does not eat). Look how We make the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them; yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

[005:076] Say (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam] to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allâh something which has no power either to harm or benefit you? But it is Allâh Who is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."

[005:077] Say (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray before and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/ilm/noblequraan/page121.htm

(( the following are Malik translations. still to be converted inshaAllah ))

Birth

19: 20 She (Maryam) said: "How shall I bear a son, no man has ever touched me nor am I unchaste?"

19: 21 The angel replied: "So shall it be - Your Rabb says: `It is easy for Me. We wish to make him a Sign for mankind and a blessing from Us' - and this matter has already been decreed".

19:22 So she conceived the child and she retired with him to a remote place.

19: 23 The pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree. She cried in her anguish: "Ah! Would that I had died before this, and been long forgotten!"

19: 24 An angel from beneath the palm-tree consoled her, saying: "Do not grieve! Your Rabb has provided a brook at your feet.

19:25 If you shake the trunk of this palm-tree, it will drop fresh ripe dates in your lap.

19: 26 So eat, drink and refresh yourself. If you see anyone, convey this unto him: `I have vowed a fast to Rahman (Allah), so I will not speak to anyone today'."

--

3:45 When the angels said "O Maryem! Allah gives you the good news with a Word from Him that you will be given a son: his name will be Messiah, Isa (Jesus Christ) the son of Maryem. He will be noble in this world and the Hereafter; and he will be from those who are very close to Allah.

3: 46 He will speak to the people in the cradle and in his old age and he will be among the righteous."

--

3: 58 This revelation which We recite to you is full of signs and wise reminders.

3: 59 In fact the example of the birth of Isa ( Jesus) in the sight of Allah is like the example of Adam who had no father and mother, whom He created out of dust, then said to him: "Be" and he was.

3: 60 This is the Truth from your Rabb, therefore, do not be of those who doubt it.

3: 61 If anyone disputes with you concerning this matter (the birth of Jesus) after full knowledge has come to you, say: "Come! Let us gather our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: then let us earnestly pray and invoke the curse of Allah on the liars."

3: 62 Verily this is the absolute true explanation. The fact of the matter is, that there is no god but Allah; and for sure Allah is the Mighty, the Wise.

3:63 But if they turn away from accepting this challenge, it will be clear proof of their mischief and Allah has the full knowledge of mischief-makers.

Calling as God

3:59 to 3:63 (above) and, 3: 64 Say: "O people of the Book! Let us get together on what is common between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah; that we shall not associate any partners with Him; that we shall not take from among ourselves any lords beside Allah." If they reject your invitation then tell them: "Bear witness that we are Muslims (who have surrendered to Allah)."

--

3:78 There are some among them who twist their tongues pretending a quote from their Holy Book; so that you may think that what they read is a part of the Book, whereas, in fact it is not a part of the Book. They also assert, "It is from Allah" whereas, in fact it is not from Allah. Thus they deliberately ascribe a lie to Allah.

3:79 It is not possible for a man whom Allah has given the Book, the Wisdom and the Prophethood, that he would say to the people: "Worship me instead of Allah." On the contrary he would say: "Be devoted worshippers of your Rabb in accordance with the Holy Book you have been teaching and reading."

3:80 He would never ask you to take angels and prophets as your lords. Would he ask you to become kafir (unbelievers) after you have become Muslims (believers)?

Called son of Allah by Christians

9:30 The Jews say: "Uzair (Azra) is the son of Allah," and the Christians say: " Messiah (Christ) is the son of Allah." That is what they say with their mouths, imitating the sayings of the former unbelievers. May Allah destroy them! How perverted they are!

Taken as Lord by the Christians

9:31 They (Jews and Christians) have taken their rabbis and priests to be their Lords beside Allah and so they did with Messiah (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary), although they were commanded in the Torah and the Gospel to worship none but One Ilah (Allah); besides Whom there is none worthy of worship. Exalted be He above those whom they associate with Him.

32 They desire to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will not allow it to happen, for He seeks to perfect His light even though the disbelievers may dislike it.

Disciples

3:52 When Isa (Jesus) found out that they (most of the children of Israel) had no faith, he asked: "Who will help me in the cause of Allah?" The Disciples replied: "We will help you in the cause of Allah. We believe in Allah. Be our witness that we are Muslims."

--

5:109 On the Day of Resurrection when Allah gathers the Rasools and asks: "What response were you given from your addressees?" They will say: "We have no knowledge, only You have all the knowledge of the unseen."

5:110 Then Allah will ask: "O Isa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary)! Recall my favor upon you and to your mother, how I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit, so you could speak to the people in cradle and in old age, how I taught you the Book, Wisdom, the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel). How you were able to make the figure of a bird out of a clay, by My permission, how you breathed into it and changed it into a real bird, by My permission. How you could heal the born-blind and the lepers by My permission. How you could bring the dead body back to life by My permission. How I protected you from the violence of the Children of Israel when you came to them with clear signs and the unbelievers among them said: "This is nothing but a clear sorcery."

5:111 Remember when I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and My Rasool and they said: 'We believe and bear witness that we have become Muslims."

5: 112 How when the disciples asked: "O Isa son of Maryam! Can your Rabb send down to us from heaven a table spread with food?" And you said: "Have fear of Allah if you are true believers."

5: 113 They said: "We only wish to eat thereof to satisfy our hearts and to know that you have indeed told us the truth, and that we bear witness to it."

5:114 Isa the son of Maryam said: "O Allah, our Rabb! Send us from heaven a table spread with food that it may mark a feast, one of a kind for those before us and for those after us, as a sign from You; and provide us our sustenance, You are the best Sustainer."

115 Allah responded: "I shall send it down to you, but if any of you disbelieve after that, I shall punish him with a torment which I have never inflicted on anyone in the worlds."

Disciples declare themselves as Muslims

5:111 Remember when I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and My Rasool and they said: 'We believe and bear witness that we have become Muslims."

Disputing concerning Jesus

3: 61 If anyone disputes with you concerning this matter (the birth of Jesus) after full knowledge has come to you, say: "Come! Let us gather our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: then let us earnestly pray and invoke the curse of Allah on the liars."

Jesus as an Example

43:57 When Maryam's son Isa (Jesus) is quoted as an example, your people raise a clamor at it,

43:58 and say: "Are Our gods better or is he?" They cite this to you merely to provoke you. They are but a quarrelsome people.

43:59 He (Jesus) was no more than a mortal whom We favored and made an example to the children of Israel.

followers have compassion and mercy

57:27 After them We sent other Rasools, one after the other, and followed them with Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam. We gave him The Injeel (Gospel), and put compassion and mercy into the hearts of his followers. As for monasticism, they instituted it themselves - for We did not enjoin it on them - in order to seek the good pleasure of Allah, but they did not observe it as it should have been observed. Yet We rewarded those among them who were true believers, but most of them are transgressors.

like Adam

3: 59 In fact the example of the birth of Isa ( Jesus) in the sight of Allah is like the example of Adam who had no father and mother, whom He created out of dust, then said to him: "Be" and he was.

Mary and as a Sign of Allah

23: 50 And We made the son of Maryam (Jesus) and his mother a sign for mankind, and gave them a shelter on a peaceful lofty ground, furnished with a fresh spring.

Mary and as a Sign of Allah for all people

21:89 We also blessed Zakariya, when he prayed to his Rabb, "O my Rabb! Do not let me remain childless even though You are the best of inheritors.

21:90 We accepted his prayer and gave him Yahya (John), curing his wife for him to bear a child. They were ever quick in emulating good deeds and called on Us with hope, fear, and submission.

21:91 And We blessed the woman (Maryam), who guarded her chastity, We breathed into her of Our Spirit and We made her and her son a sign for the whole world.

Message and Miracles

19: 27 Carrying the baby, she came back to her people. They said: "O Maryam! You have brought something hard to believe!

19: 28 O sister (a woman from the noble family) of Haroon! Your father was not a bad man nor your mother an unchaste woman".

19: 29 In response she merely pointed towards the baby. They said: "How can we talk to a babe in the cradle?"

19: 30 Whereupon the baby spoke out: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet.

19: 31 His blessing is with me wherever I go. He has commanded me to establish Salah and give Zakah as long as I shall live.

19: 32 He has exhorted me to honor my mother and has not made me domineering, hard to deal with.

19: 33 Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I shall die and the Day I shall be raised to life again".

19: 34 Such was Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam, and this is the True statement about him concerning which they are in doubt.

--

5: 112 How when the disciples asked: "O Isa son of Maryam! Can your Rabb send down to us from heaven a table spread with food?" And you said: "Have fear of Allah if you are true believers."

5: 113 They said: "We only wish to eat thereof to satisfy our hearts and to know that you have indeed told us the truth, and that we bear witness to it."

5:114 Isa the son of Maryam said: "O Allah, our Rabb! Send us from heaven a table spread with food that it may mark a feast, one of a kind for those before us and for those after us, as a sign from You; and provide us our sustenance, You are the best Sustainer."

115 Allah responded: "I shall send it down to you, but if any of you disbelieve after that, I shall punish him with a torment which I have never inflicted on anyone in the worlds."

no more than an apostle

4: 171 O People of the Book! Do not transgress the limits of your religion. Speak nothing but the Truth about Allah. The Messiah, Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary) was no more than a Rasool of Allah and His Word "Be" which He bestowed on Maryam and a Spirit from Him which took the shape of a child in her womb. So believe in Allah and His Rasools and do not say: "Trinity"." Stop saying that, it is better for you. Allah is only One Deity. He is far above from the need of having a son! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the Earth. Allah Alone is sufficient for protection.

--

43: 59 He (Jesus) was no more than a mortal whom We favored and made an example to the children of Israel.

--

43: 63 When Isa (Jesus) came with clear signs, he stated: "I have brought you wisdom, and to clarify some of those things about which you have disputes: so fear Allah and obey me.

--

5: 78 Those who disbelieved from among the Children of Israel were cursed by the tongue of Dawood (David) and Isa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary): because they disobeyed and committed excesses.

5: 79 They would not forbid one another from committing iniquities; evil indeed were their deeds.

Not crucified

4: 157 They even say: "We have killed the Messiah, Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam, the Rasool of Allah." Whereas in fact, neither did they kill him nor did they crucify him but they thought they did because the matter was made dubious for them. Those who differ therein are only in doubt. They have no real knowledge, they follow nothing but merely a conjecture, certainly they did not kill him (Jesus).

4: 158 Nay! The fact is that Allah took him up to Himself. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

4: 159 There is none of the People of the Book but will believe in this fact before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection Jesus will bear witness against them.

Not God

5: 19 O people of the Book! Indeed Our Rasool has now come to you making clear to you the teaching of the Right Way, after a long break in the series of the Rasools, so that you may not be able to say, "No one has come to give us good news or to warn us." Now someone has come to give you good news and warn you so listen to him. Allah has power over everything.

Not son of God

9:30 The Jews say: "Uzair (Azra) is the son of Allah," and the Christians say: " Messiah (Christ) is the son of Allah." That is what they say with their mouths, imitating the sayings of the former unbelievers. May Allah destroy them! How perverted they are!

Rejecting as prophet

43:57 When Maryam's son Isa (Jesus) is quoted as an example, your people raise a clamor at it,

43:58 and say: "Are Our gods better or is he?" They cite this to you merely to provoke you. They are but a quarrelsome people.

43:59 He (Jesus) was no more than a mortal whom We favored and made an example to the children of Israel.

No more than a Slave of Allah

43: 59 He (Jesus) was no more than a mortal whom We favored and made an example to the children of Israel.

Taken up

3:55 Allah said: "O Isa (Jesus)! I am going to recall you (from your mission) and raise you up to Myself. I will clean you of those who rejected you and exalt your followers above the unbelievers till the Day of Resurrection; then to Me shall be your return and I shall judge those matters in which you have been disputing.

--

4:157 They even say: "We have killed the Messiah, Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam, the Rasool of Allah." Whereas in fact, neither did they kill him nor did they crucify him but they thought they did because the matter was made dubious for them. Those who differ therein are only in doubt. They have no real knowledge, they follow nothing but merely a conjecture, certainly they did not kill him (Jesus).

4:158 Nay! The fact is that Allah took him up to Himself. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

4:159 There is none of the People of the Book but will believe in this fact before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection Jesus will bear witness against them.

Taught no false worship

5:116 After reminding him of these favors, Allah will say: "O Isa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Marry), Did you ever say to the people, "worship me and my mother as gods beside Allah?" He will answer: "Glory to You! How could I say what I had no right to say? If I had ever said so, you would have certainly known it. You know what is in my heart, but I know not what is in Yours; for You have full knowledge of all the unseen.

5:117 I never said anything other than what You commanded me to say, that is to worship Allah, Who is my Rabb and your Rabb. I was a witness over them as long as I remained among them; but when You called me off, You were the Watcher over them and You are a Witness to everything.

5:118 If You punish them, they surely are Your servants; and if You forgive them, You are Mighty, Wise."

5: 119 Allah will say: "This is the day on which the truthful will profit from their truth; they shall have gardens beneath which rivers flow to live therein forever. Allah is well-pleased with them and they are pleased with Him. This is the mighty achievement."

5:120 To Allah belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He has power over everything.

Last edited by Servant : 17Nov2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05Nov2007, 05:12 PM   #2
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts

See also, the following book.

The Status of Jesus in Islaam
Source: http://www.al-ibaanah.com/ebooks.php?EID=56

Download PDF: The Status of Jesus in Islaam

AUTHOR: Shaikh Rabee' bin Haadee Al-MadkhaleeTRANSLATED: Al-Ibaanah Book PublishingPRODUCED BY: Al-Ibaanah.com
About the Book:

This is a translation of a short essay “Makaanatu ‘Eesaa fil-Islaam” (The Status of Jesus in Islaam) written by Dr. Rabee’ bin Haadee Al-Madkhalee, a Muslim religious scholar from Saudi Arabia. The source used for this translation was the on-line version of the book, which can be found on www.rabee.net.

Since the book, for the most part, is geared towards non-Muslim readers, particularly Christians, names of prophets and other righteous believers of the past are presented here in their standard English version, even though, they are pronounced differently in Arabic by Muslims. This was done to make it easier for the non-Muslim audience, who are not accustomed to the Arabic versions of these names, to read the treatise.

Also, in many instances, the word “Allaah” was translated as God, in order to assist non-Muslim readers understand the subject at hand more clearly. However, the proper name of God, Allaah, was left as is in other parts where deemed appropriate.

It is hoped that this treatise may serve as a means to invite and call the Christian community to develop an understanding of how Jesus is viewed in the eyes of the Muslims and what we believe concerning him, as revealed to us by Allaah in the Qur’aan and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad.

Quotes from the Book:

“The story of Mary begins with this great connection of mentioning those whom God chose over mankind, which included the family of ‘Imraan, who were the parents of Mary. This is done in order to make it clear that Mary came from a righteous and noble family, and that she was part of the offspring of chosen prophets, and that her mother was a pious woman. An example of her piety and righteousness was that she vowed to offer what was in her womb to the services of God. She was hoping that it would be a boy, but instead she gave birth to a girl. So she returned this matter back to God, seeking His pardon and asking Him to protect her daughter and her offspring from the outcast Devil. So her Lord answered her supplication and warmly accepted Mary, causing her to be raised in a good manner and placing a righteous and merciful prophet, Zachariah, in charge of caring for her. This shows that the mother of Jesus had a tremendous upbringing.”

“God is not in need of begetting a son. Attributing a child to Him is from the greatest forms of disbelief and misguidance, since it constitutes the highest level of insult and deficiency being ascribed to His Honor, Greatness and Lordship. This is since everything apart from God (the Creator) can only be one of His creations, and all of His creations submit themselves to His Honor and Grandness and are mandated to worship Him, whereas God is divine and free of begetting a child. This is why Allaah says to those who ascribe a child to Him, and His speech is the truth: ‘You have indeed brought forth something very terrible (i.e. an evil statement) – due to which the heavens are ready to tear apart, the earth split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins. It is that they ascribe a child to the Most Merciful (i.e. God). However, it is not befitting for the (Majesty of the) Most Merciful that he should beget a child. There is none in the heavens and the earth except that he comes unto the Most Merciful as a servant. Verily, He knows each one of them, and has counted them a full counting. And each one of them will come to Him on the Day of Resurrection alone (and without any helpers).’

6. In Chapter 21 of the Gospel of Matthew, verse 46, it states: ‘But when they tried to arrest him, they feared the multitudes, since they held him to be a prophet.’There is proof in this verse that the masses of people who believed in God and in Jesus were monotheists with pure and sincere faith, and that they believed that Jesus was a messenger and a prophet. This proves that their prophet, Jesus, had taught them this and cultivated them to believe in that. So they did not used to believe that he was God or the son of God, since he would not teach the people these things.”

“Has not the time come for the Christians, after hearing all of this, to hasten and rush to Islaam, especially the intellectual, educated and free thinking ones amongst them? We call them again to stand up before God in pairs and individually, then to reflect on this tremendous matter – of which there is no matter greater than it – with firm determination and impartiality and earnestly seeking to attain the truth and the reality, for it is indeed a crucial matter, which can either lead one to Paradise, the size of which spans the heavens and the earth, or to the Hellfire, whose fuel will be men and stones and which is prepared for those who disbelieve to reside therein forever. This is a matter that all of the messengers agreed on and which is contained in their revealed books, including Jesus, the servant and messenger of God. At this point, it is appropriate for us to honestly tell you: ‘O People of the Scripture! Come to a word that is just between us and you – that we worship none but God alone and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides God.’ Then if they turn away, say: ‘Bear witness that we are Muslims.’

Download the Text of this book in Arabic (Right Click and Save)
Makaanatu 'Eesaa fil-Islaam

The Status of Jesus in Islaam
Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servant For This Useful Post:
Old 05Nov2007, 05:35 PM   #3
Ibn Shareef

excellent book... in fact, anything by Shaykh Rabee' is excellent, hafidhahullaah.
Old 17Nov2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
pdf doc Re: Jesus (AS) in the Qur'an

Al-Ibaanah is down, so i'm attaching the copy of the PDF cited above.
Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Servant is offline   Reply With Quote