TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Site Announcements > Members & New-Member Greetings!
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01Jul2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Halima Amatullah
New Member (Some Posts)
Welcome!

Default As Salaamu Alaykum

Does any body know tafseer on Sahih Al Bakhari Hadeeth 502. Some seem to believe it includes earning a living yet, I see it meaning prayers and supplication
Halima Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02Jul2009, 07:21 AM   #2
abuabdurrazaaq
Trusted Member
100+ Posts

Default Re: As Salaamu Alaykum

Please state the text of the Hadith and I'll try my best to get the explaination
Halima Amatullah (03Jul2009)
Old 02Jul2009, 12:58 PM   #3
mauslim
Trusted Member
300+ Posts

Like the brother said you need to post the hadeeth so we can know what it is you are referring to. Just a side note: the word tafseer is used in reference to the Qur'aan whereas the word 'sharh - شرح' is used for hadeeth, even tough they both mean the basically the same thing. Kinda like taraweeh and tahajud which is pretty much the same night prayer except one exclusively refers to during Ramadan and the other outside of it.
Nadia (03Jul2009), Servant (03Jul2009)
Old 03Jul2009, 01:27 AM   #4
Halima Amatullah
New Member (Some Posts)
Welcome!

Default Re:Hadith 502

The Prophet Muhammed Sallalahu Alayhi was Salaam said " Allaah Aza wa jal says I am just as my slaves thinks I am. And, I am with him/her if he/she remembers me. If he/she remembers me in him/herself,I too remember him/her in myself; and if ne/she remembers me in a group, of people, I too remember him/her in a group that is better than them; and if he/she comes one span nearer to me, I go one cubit nearer to him/her. And, if he/she comes one cubit near to me. I go a distance of two outstretcthed arms nearer to him/her. And, if he/she comes to me walking I go to him/her running. [Sahi Bukhari 9/7405]

Barak Allaahu Feekum

Your sister in Diin!
Halima Amatullah
Old 03Jul2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,275 Times in 549 Posts

As-Salaamu alaykum,
I'm not as knowledgeable as the brothers (mashaAllah), but just doing some basic searching, i found these that hint at an explanation, inshaAllah.

1] from the tafsir of verse:
[002.152] Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me:
Narrated Abu Hurairah [radhi-yAllâhu 'anhu]: The Prophet [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam] said, "Allâh [Subhânahu wa Ta'âla] says, 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am Able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than them; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "
[Sahih Al-Bukhâri, 9/7405 (O.P.502)].
2] from http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/show...37&postcount=6

Quote:
Question: If a person has an overwhelming feeling of sadness thinking of a past sin that they have committed and for which they have made taubah to Allaah many times, but still feel that they needs to continue to ask Allaah for forgiveness. Do they continue making taubah to Allaah repeatedly until this feeling is gone or is there some other format they need to do following the Sunnah?

Answer: With respect to this individual if the sin that he has committed is in regard to the rights due to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى he should give up the sin, he should feel sad about it, and he should make up his mind never to return to that sin again. These are the conditions of taubah - if they are in place then his taubah is correct. As for him transgressing on the rights of some other human being - if it is pertaining to money or his wealth then he should return this wealth to him, if it refers to his honor then he should try and pardon him. If he is pardoned then in addition to that he should supplicate for this individual in the places where he spoke badly about him or transgressed his honor. If this does not happen then the Judgment and the Decree of this will be with Allaah سبحانه و تعالى who says in the Qur'aan:
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعاً إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ
{Say: "O 'Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.} [Az-Zumar 39:53]
Also, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى said in a hadith Qudsi: "I am as my servants thinks about Me." [1] So a person should think that his repentance has been accepted and that Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has forgiven him.

Answered by: Shaykh Abdullaah Abdur-Rahmaan Al-Ghudyaan

Title of Lecture: The Four Principles by Muhammed Ibn Abdul-Wahhaab رحمه الله Class #2

Date of the Lecture: March 19, 2005

Listen to Lecture: Click Here (Class #2)

Read the Transcribed Lecture: Click Here

[1]Saheeh al-Buhkaari - Kitaab at-Tawheed #6970, 7066 from Abu Hurayrah with the wording:

قَالَ اللَّهُ أَنَا عِنْدَ ظَنِّ عَبْدِي بِي
Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03Jul2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Halima Amatullah
New Member (Some Posts)
Welcome!

Jazak Allaahu Kair Ahki,

May Allaah reward you for your efforts, Amin! I didn't get the hint, yet I find the futher research with question and answer is most interesting. Especially with knowing our Rabb and having great confidence and acceptance of obeying Him and Rasoolula and refraining from what Allaah Ta' Barak wa 'tala prohibits by the structure of our beautiful and just Diin even when we aren't able to comprehend, However, this is so clear of the forbidden and since this is not the issue then clarity on what his Glory, Mercy, and Bounty can only to be left alone by me anyway because The hereafter is my sole purpose and whole heartedly we submit and try to go beyond our best to do a good/great job while here on this earth.