TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Site Announcements > Members & New-Member Greetings!
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09Apr2008, 02:58 PM   #1
princess_nafi515
Welcome!

Star Salaams Everybody

Salaams to everyone!!! i havent really been around cuz CAPE has me a bit stressed rite now. jus wanted amatullah_aa 2 kno im alive 2.
Old 09Apr2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Ibn Shareef

All the best with your exams, may Allaah decree success for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
princess_nafi515 (17Apr2008)
Old 10Apr2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,238 Times in 549 Posts

Wa alaykum as salaam.

^^ ameen.
Sahih al-Bukhari No. 6057. Narrated Aisha (ra):The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." Reciter: al-Ajmy...Surah al-Faatihah - (The Opening: First Chapter of the Quran) (The text) | Ayatul Kursee (reciter: as-Shuraym; Tafseer;)

Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10Apr2008, 12:46 PM   #4
mauslim
Trusted Member
300+ Posts

Allyuh what is CAPE is that the new CXC replacement?
Old 10Apr2008, 07:42 PM   #5
ibnashraf
Trusted Member
100+ Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauslim View Post
Allyuh what is CAPE is that the new CXC replacement?

well this is just my personal opinion here ..... CAPE is just another miskeen examination that has replaced our 'favorite' Cambridge Advanced Level examinations that we were accustommed to back in our days.

The following is taken from the introduction of one of the CAPE syllabus ....

Quote:
The Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) are designed to provide certification of the academic, vocational and technical achievement of students in the Caribbean who, having completed a minimum of five years of secondary education, wish to further their studies. The examinations address the skills and knowledge acquired by students under a flexible and articulated system where subjects are organised in 1-Unit or 2-Unit courses with each Unit containing three Modules.

Subjects examined under CAPE may be studied concurrently or singly, or may be combined with subjects examined by other examination boards or institutions.

A CAPE diploma will be awarded for the satisfactory completion of a programme of at least six Units, including Caribbean Studies.
So basically CAPE is not a replacement for CXC but at the A-Levels. However from what i know, in a few years time (not sure how long from now but soon perhaps) there is going to be a replacement for CXC which would be something called the NCSE examinations. It consists of two 'levels', namely NCSE part 1 and NCSE part 2.

NCSE part 1 is the examination written at the end of Form 3 based on the cummulative work done from Form 1-3, whereas NCSE part 2 will be based on the cummulative work done in Form 4-5 and which most likely is going to replace the CXC that is written at the end of Form 5. Also from what I am aware of is that the NCSE part 1 is already implemented in certain schools throughout Trinidad and Tobago, and that the work covered during Form 1-3 is based on the SEMP syllabus.

The following is taken from one of the SEMP Curriculum ....

Quote:
Under the umbrella of the Secondary Education Modernization Programme (SEMP), since the latter part of 1999, new secodary school curricula in eight subjects - Language Arts (English), Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, Spanish, Physical Education, Visual and Performing Arts and Technology Education - have been in development....
Also it continues further on to state that .....

Quote:
The Ministry of Education through the Secondary Modernization Programme is seeking to reform the secondary education system. These draft National Curriculum Guides produced for eight subject areas are a key element in the current thrust to address the deficiencies identified in the system.

Draft curriculum guides have already been produced for years one or two of the secondary system. Implementation of the new curriculum began on a phased basis in September 2003. These Draft guides for year three represent the conclusion of the first cycle of secondary school and together with those of years one and two prepare students for the National Certificate of Secondary Education, Part One.
anyways as for me, althou i'm working in d educational system rite now ... i still prefer 'home-schooling' for my children (may Allah grant me and all of us pious offsprings ... Ameen!), than to send them through all them stressful exams (one after d next from SEA to CAPE). not to mention the steadily increase in school violence these days as well as children's behaviour and attitude among other vices are getting worst. we really have to consider how much our muslim youths are being exposed by all this fitnah and how it is going to affect them in the future. wallahu musta'aan.

"Whoever adds something new in our matter (religion Islaam) which was not part of it, it will be rejected."
(that is, it will not be accepted by Allah).
(Bukhari and Muslim)

ibnashraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10Apr2008, 11:42 PM   #6
Ibn Shareef

This hadda be the longest post I ever see in the Salaams section.

ahsant rza
Old 11Apr2008, 05:08 PM   #7
mauslim
Trusted Member
300+ Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Shareef View Post
This hadda be the longest post I ever see in the Salaams section.

ahsant rza
Fuh real dan. So wah yuh saying is that no more Cambridge now is just CAPE? and btw what is d difference between that and A levels? i.e. Cambridge?
Old 11Apr2008, 10:12 PM   #8
amatullah_aa
100+ Posts

Quote:
Aameen...and for me too cuz i have the same exams like her...

Quote:
So wah yuh saying is that no more Cambridge now is just CAPE? and btw what is d difference between that and A levels? i.e. Cambridge?
Cambridge exams could be done privately, but they're trying to phase it out completely in the Caribbean. CAPE really is A levels just it's Caribbean based (not Cambridge) and instead of writing one exam at the end of two years, an exam has to be written at the end of each year, ie. a student has from September to April to finish an entire syllabus and be examined...which is utter nonsense. wallaahu musta'aan...
Old 11Apr2008, 10:50 PM   #9
ibnashraf
Trusted Member
100+ Posts

Quote:
Fuh real dan. So wah yuh saying is that no more Cambridge now is just CAPE?
Yup ..... MOE (Ministry Of Education) is trying to eliminate all Cambridge A-Level exams and replace them with CAPE A-Levels. yuh done know how trini like to be cheap here already :lol: esp since d ministry hadda pay for all them Cambridge exams (for each student doing A-Levels in the country !) in pounds.

but i think the overall aim of introducing the CAPE exams is to 'bridge the gap' between the work covered in A-Levels and the early stages of UWI (University of the West Indies) as well as other tertiary institutions, so that there would be a smooth transition therein.

Quote:
btw what is d difference between that and A levels? i.e. Cambridge?
No big difference really, in some subjects, since they supposed to cover essentially the same content ..... whereas in other subjects eg. d science subjects such as chemistry, i've heard that there are some vast changes. even teachers are complaining about certain new topics in the CAPE syllabus, since it is something new and they haven't been accustommed to teaching it over the past say, 15 or 20 yrs. in other words, they hadda spend 'valuable time' from their holidays to go to seminars/workshops, in order to learn about these new topics :lol2:

so it is alotta work on the teachers' behalf to prepare for their students. as for the students themselves, the volume of work to be covered is plenty and is actually crammed into roughly about 2 terms work. so what you find some teachers doing is that they begin teaching the CAPE syllabus during the holidays much before the new term starts

"Whoever adds something new in our matter (religion Islaam) which was not part of it, it will be rejected."
(Bukhari and Muslim)

Old 11Apr2008, 10:59 PM   #10
ibnashraf
Trusted Member
100+ Posts

Quote:
Aameen...and for me too cuz i have the same exams like her ...

May Allah make it easy for u both ..... Aameen!

(Bukhari and Muslim)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibnashraf For This Useful Post:
amatullah_aa (11Apr2008), princess_nafi515 (17Apr2008)
Old 12Apr2008, 11:03 AM   #11
mauslim
Trusted Member
300+ Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatullah_aa View Post
Cambridge exams could be done privately, but they're trying to phase it out completely in the Caribbean. CAPE really is A levels just it's Caribbean based (not Cambridge) and instead of writing one exam at the end of two years, an exam has to be written at the end of each year, ie. a student has from September to April to finish an entire syllabus and be examined...which is utter nonsense. wallaahu musta'aan...
Scene. Shukran and also to ibn Ashraf. Now I don't why I did A's especially since i flunked it big time. Wasted like 2 years. I should have just did SAT and go on to university like I eventually did after 2 years of goofing around. I guess this is why I often look back and i'm like 'why did you do A's again'? UWI i thinks..... or to get ah decent bligh - can't remember.