TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Feeds from other Islamic sites > Troid.ca
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02Apr2017, 03:33 AM   #1
troid.ca
Trusted Member
1200+ Posts

Feed [TROID] Benefit: The Story of the Man Who Attended the Jan?zah of Bishr al-Mar?s?

In the Name of All?h, the Ever Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy
When Bishr ibn Ghiy?th al-Mar?s? died, not a single person from the people of knowledge and Sunnah attended his jan?zah except for ?Ubayd al-Sh?n?z?. So when he returned from the jan?zah of al-Mar?s?, Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jam??ah confronted him.

They said: O enemy of All?h! You claim to be upon the Sunnah and the Jam??ah but you attend the jan?zah of al-Mar?s??

He replied: Allow me respite until I inform you! I have never attended a jan?zah in which I hoped for [so much] reward as this jan?zah. When he [Bishr al-Mar?s?] was placed in the designated place for the jan?zah, I stood up in the row and said:

O All?h! This slave of yours use to disbelieve in [the believers] seeing you in the hereafter. O All?h, blind him from seeing your face on the day the believers will see you.
O All?h! This slave of yours use to disbelieve in the punishments of the grave. O All?h, punish him this day—in his grave—with a punishment you have never punished anyone from the creation with.
O All?h! This slave of yours use to disbelieve in the m?z?n [ scale]. O All?h, lighten his scale on the Day of Judgement.
O All?h! This slave of yours use to disbelieve in al-shaf??ah [intercession], O All?h, let not anyone from your creation intercede for him on the Day of Judgement.

So upon hearing this, they [Ahl al-Sunnah] remained silent [i.e. they let him be] and laughed.

Source: T?r?kh Baghd?d lil Kha??b al-Baghd?d?, Tarjamat Bishr al-Mar?s? al-Jahm?, Volume #7, Pg. 66.
Translated by: Mun?b al-?um?l?

Continue reading on Troid.ca ...
troid.ca is offline   Reply With Quote