TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Feeds from other Islamic sites > Others
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03Dec2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Mpubs (feed)
100+ Posts

Default Ruling on Saying "I Met/Bumped Into Someone By Chance" - Shaykh Al-Fawzaan

Found on islam.tt:

RULING ON SAYING "I MET/BUMPED INTO SOMEONE BY CHANCE"

Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan
(hafidhahullaah)

From the pillars of Eemaan is the belief in the Decree which comprises of 4 aspects; belief that Allah’s knowledge is all-encompassing, belief that everything is recorded in the preserved tablet, belief that Allah wills or permits the affairs to occur [i.e. nothing occurs without His permission], belief that Allah creates all affairs.

Regarding this aspect of eemaan the following question arose, and Shaikh al-Fawzaan answered:

Q: “Is it permissible to say that I bumped into/met someone by chance, if I had not made an appointment prior to meeting him?”

A: “If he intends by his statement “by chance” that he met the individual without having arranged a meeting prior to that, then it’s no problem. However, if his intention is that this meeting is an affair that was not decreed in the pre-decree and it was pure “chance” that caused it, then this is not permissible, this would be rejection of the pre-decree.

Although many of the muslims do not intend this [when they make such a statement], they do not intend rejection of the decree, they mean by “chance” i.e. they were not expecting this or they were not upon a pre-agreed arrangement to meet”.

[via Sahab al-Muntaqa min Akhbaar al Mursaleen 1434-01-03]

Source

Attached Images http://www.islam.tt/attachment.php?a...1&d=1354557848

Read more...
Mpubs (feed) is offline   Reply With Quote