View Single Post
Old 24Dec2007, 03:27 PM   #31
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts

Hadeeth #29
عَنِ مُعَاذِ بْنِ جَبَلٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ، قُلْتُ: يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَخْبِرْنِي بِعَمَلٍ يُدْخِلُنِي الْجَنَّةَ وَ يُبَاعِدُنِي عَنِ النَّارِ
On the authority of Mu`aadh ibn Jabal - Radiyallaahu `anhu - who said: I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, tell me of an act which will take me into paradise and will keep me away from the Hell Fire’.
قَالَ: لَقَدْ سَأَلْتَ عَنْ عَظِيمٍ، وَ إِنَّهُ لَيَسِيرٌ عَلَى مَنْ يَسَّرَهُ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَلَيْهِ
“He said: ‘ You have asked about a great matter, yet it is easy for him whom Allaah makes it easy:
تَعْبُدُ اللَّهَ لاَ تُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا، وَ تُقِيمُ الصَّلاَةَ، وَتُؤْتِي الزَّكَاةَ، وَتَصُومُ رَمَضَانَ، وَتَحُجُّ الْبَيْتَ
‘Worship Allaah, without associating any partners with him; establish the prayer: pay the zakaah; fast in Ramadhaan; and make the Pilgrimage to the House.’
ثُمَّ قَالَ: أَلاَ أَدُلُّكَ عَلَى أَبْوَابِ الْخَيْرِ؟ الصَّوْمُ جُنَّةٌ، وَالصَّدَقَةُ تُطْفِئُ الْخَطِيئَةَ كَمَا يُطْفِئُ الْمَاءُ النَّارَ، وَصَلاَة ُالرَّجُلِ فِي جَوْفِ اللَّيْلِ
“Then he said: ‘Shall I not guide you towards the means of goodness? Fasting is a shield; Charity wipes away sin as water extinguishes fire; and the praying of a man in the depths of the night.
ثُمَّ تَلاَ: تَتَجَافَى جُنُوبُهُمْ عَنِ المَضَاجِعِ... حَتَّى بَلَغَ... يَعْمَلُونَ ثُمَّ قَالَ: أَلاَ أُخْبِرُكَ بِرَأْسِ الْأَمْرِ وَعَمُودِهِ وَذِرْوَةِ سَنَامِهِ
“Then he recited: {Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allaah’s Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.}’ [As-Sajdah 32:16-17] Then he said: ‘Shall I not inform you of the head of the matter, its pillar and its peak?’
قُلْتُ: بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهَ. قَالَ: رَأْسُ الْأَمْرِ الْإِسْلاَمُ، وَعَمُودُهُ الصَّلاَةُ، وَذِرْوَةُ سَنَامِهِ الْجِهَادُ
“I said: ‘Yes, O Messenger of Allaah.’ He said: ‘The head of the matter is Islaam, its pillar is the prayer, and its peak is Jihaad.
ثُمَّ قَالَ: أَلاَ أُخْبِرُكَ بِمِلاَكِ ذَلِكَ كُلِّهِ
“Then he said: ‘Shall I not tell you of the foundation of all of that?’
قُلْتُ: بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ. فَأَخَذَ بِلِسَانِهِ. وَ قَالَ: كُفَّ عَلَيْكَ هَذَا
"I said: 'Yes, O Messemger of Allaah.' So he took hold of his tongue and said: 'Restrain this.'.
قُلْتُ: يَا نَبِيَّ اللّهِ وَإِنَّا لَمُؤَاخَذُونَ بِمَا نَتَكَلَّمُ بِهِ؟
“I said: ‘O Prophet of Allaah, will we be taken to account for what we say with it?’
فَقَالَ: ثَكِلَتْكَ أُمُّكَ يَا مُعَاذُ، وَ هَلْ يَكُبُّ النَّاسَ فِي النَّارِ عَلَى وُجُوهِهِمْ أَوْ قَالَ عَلَى مَنَاخِرِهِمْ إِلاَّ حَصَائِدُ أَلْسِنَتِهِمْ؟
“He said: ‘May your mother be bereaved of you, O Mu`aadh! Is there anything that throws people into the Hell Fire upon their faces-or: on their noses – except the harvest of their tongues?’”
رَوَاهُ التِّرْمِذِيُّ وَ قَال:َ حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ
Reported by at-Tirmidhee, who said it was a good and sound Hadeeth.

To listen to Hadeeth #29, please CLICK HERE