View Single Post
Old 24Dec2007, 03:40 PM   #44
Servant
Abu Abdur-Rahmaan
4000+ Posts

Thanked 2,336 Times in 549 Posts

Hadeeth #42
عَنْ أَنَسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ : سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَقُولُ
On the authority of Anas - Radiyallaahu `anhu – who said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah– Sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam – say:
قَالَ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى: يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ، إِنَّكَ مَا دَعَوْتَنِي وَرَجَوْتَنِي غَفَرْتُ لَكَ عَلَى مَا كَانَ مِنْكَ وَلاَ أُبَالِي
‘Allaah the Most High has said: “O son of Aadam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.
يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ، لَوْ بَلَغَتْ ذُنُوبُكَ عَنَانَ السَّمَاءِ، ثُمَّ ٱسْتَغْفَرْتَنِي غَفَرْتُ لَكَ
O son of Aadam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you.
يَا ابْنَ آدَمَ، إِنَّكَ لَوْ أَتَيْتَنِي بِقُرَابِ اْلأَرْضِ خَطَايَا، ثُمَّ لَقِيتَنِي لاَ تُشْرِكُ بِي شَيْئاً، لَأَتَيْتُكَ بِقُرَابِهَا مَغْفِرَةً
O son of Aadam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.
رَوَاهُ التِّرْمِذِيُّ، وَقَالَ حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ
Related by at-Tirmidhee and he called it a Hasan Saheeh Hadeeth

To listen to Hadeeth #42, please CLICK HERE