mp3: 01 Intro to Islam: Introduction To The Three Fundamentals Principles
Added on 13-9-2010
The books being explained are The fundamentals of Faith and the 3 Fundamental
The Shaykh mentioned that Knowledge is the most noble thing that one can ask for, and the best it is for a seeker to strive for
. And when the ulema speak of knowledge, they mean the Islamic knowledge. It is the knowledge of "Allaah said.." and the "Messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said..." and all that assists in understanding this. This is the true and beneficial knowledge.
The Merits and virtues of knowledge varias with one's adherence to it. The greatest and most excellent knowledge is that which pertains to Allaah and His Names and Attributes.. this is the Aqeedah (the Creed). Following this is that which is related to Allaah's rights over the creation (what Allaah has prescribed upon us. Allaah honoured the people who possess the know, and raised their status high.
[003:018] Allâh bears witness that Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness)
; (He always) maintains His creation in justice. Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
In the first lecture, the Shaykh mentions the importance of Ilm (knowledge), and quotes the following Ayaah from the Quran:
- [003:018] Allâh bears witness that Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give this witness); (He always) maintains His creation in justice. Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
- [039:009] Is one who is obedient to Allâh, prostrating himself or standing (in prayer) during the hours of the night, fearing the Hereafter and hoping for the Mercy of his Lord (like one who disbelieves)? Say: "Are those who know equal to those who know not?" It is only men of understanding who will remember (i.e. get a lesson from Allâh's Signs and Verses).
- [013:019] Shall he then who knows that what has been revealed to you (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) from your Lord is the truth, be like him who is blind? But it is only the men of understanding that pay heed.
- [058:011] O you who believe! When you are told to make room in the assemblies, (spread out and) make room. Allâh will give you (ample) room (from His Mercy). And when you are told to rise up [for prayers, or Jihâd (holy fighting in Allâh's Cause), or for any other good deed], rise up. Allâh will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge. And Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do.
- [035:028] And likewise, men and Ad-Dawâbb [moving (living) creatures, beasts] and cattle are of various colours. It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is All-Mighty, Oft-Forgiving.