Three Types of Sleep
It is reported that ?Abdull?h b. Al-?Amr b. Al-??? – All?h be pleased with them – said:
There are three types of sleep: the incompetentís sleep, proper sleep, and stupid sleep. As for the incompetentís sleep, it is to sleep in the morning after sunrise (?u?? time), when people are going about their needs (work), he is sleeping. As for the proper sleep, it is the midday nap (qayl?lah). And as for the stupid sleep, it is to sleep when it is time to pray.
Al-Bayhaq?, Shu?ab Al-?m?n #4409.
Click here for the full article...
- Umar and the night prayers of Ramadan
- Wear*ing Per*fume for Your Hus*band
- The Merit of Night Prayer when others Sleep
- Women and Food [Man Talk]
- The Sahabah on Leaving the Salah