Fatwas of Ibn Baz
Q. What is the degree of authenticity of the Hadith: There should be no I`tikaf (seclusion for worship in a Masjid) except in the Three Masjids (mosques) If it is authentic, does it actually mean that there should be no I`tikaf except in the Three Masjids (i.e., the Sacred, Prophet’s, and Al-Aqsa)?
A. It is valid to observe I`tikaf in any Masjid other than the three Masjids, on condition that congregational Salah (Prayer) is established therein
. For, if this condition is not fulfilled, it becomes invalid to observe I`tikaf there.
However, this does not apply if a person vows to observe I`tikaf in any of the three Masjids, for they are then obliged to fulfill their vow. May Allah guide us all to do what pleases Him.
As-salamu `alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuh (May Allah’s Peace, Mercy, and Blessings be upon you!).
Chairman of the Departments of Scholarly Research,
Ifta’, Daw`ah, and Guidance
Posted from http://alifta.org
Other Beneficial posts:
- The Ruling on Sitting on a prayer mat that contains a picture of*a*Masjid
- If there is a masjid that has a grave in it, is it permissible to pray in this masjid? Beneficial Answer by Shaykh Ubayd al Jabiree
- Al-Muharram Fatwas
- Pursuing the Monuments of Prophets : People try to get closer to Allah through means that drive them further from Allah – Ibn Baaz Fatwas
- Evil Omens and pessimistic about one’s house – Fatwas of Nur `Ala Al-Darb
- Enjoin right even if those advised become angry – Ibn Baaz fatwas
- Wooden “Sutrah Props” in the Masjid!
- Ruling on Hitting Children – Shaykh Albanee
- Placing Donation boxes in the Masjid – Answered by Sheikh Fawzan
- The Masjid of The People of Innovation is Cleaner and More Comfortable….!!! – Answered by Sheikh Saleh al Fowzan