07Jan2007, 02:01 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Shuyookh we can benefit from and their books.
Taking Benefit From Salafee Mashayikh and their Books
Shaykh Ahmad an Najmee
O Shaykh, can you name for us some of the books that are upon the methodology of the Salaf, (‘Al Kutub As Salafiyyah’), that are necessary for the young Salafee to acquire and add to his book collection?
The necessary books that a student of knowledge should acquire are the books of hadeeth such as 'Al Ummuhaat As Sitt
', (the six mother books of hadeeth):
- Al Bukhaaree,
- Abu Dawud,
- At Tirmithee,
- An Nasaa’ee,
- Ibn Maajah,
- the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad.
Likewise, one should also obtain:
- Saheeh Al Jaaami’ As Sagheer and it's additions, and
- Al Ahaadeeth As Saheehah, both by Shaykh Al Albaanee, and likewise the books of the earlier scholars of hadeeth.
- (The student of knowledge should also acquire) the books of Muhammad ibn 'Abdul Wahaab, the books of his grandchildren, those scholars of his time and those who came after him.
Likewise the books of the salafees that are present (in this time) right now such as (the books of):
and the scholars of Al Madeenah such as:
- Shaykh Abdul Aziz ibn Abdullah ibn Baz, and
- Shaykh Abdul Aziz ibn Abdullah Aal As Shaykh,
- Shaykh Abdullah ibn Abdur Rahman Al Ghudayaan,
- Shaykh Saalih ibn Fowzaan Al Fowzaan,
- Shaykh Saalih Al Haaydaan,
All of these are from the good and beneficial books. The books of the salafees in every time and place are good and beneficial and all praise is due to Allaah. However that which is feared for the student of knowledge are the books of the hizbees.
- Shaykh Rabee’ ibn Haadee Al Madhkhalee,
- Shaykh Saalih ibn Sa’d As Suhaymee,
- Shaykh Alee ibn Naasir Al Faqeehee,
- Shaykh Muhammad ibn Haadee Al Madhkhalee,
- Shaykh Abdul Muhsin Al Abbaad and his son Abdur Razzaaq,
- Shaykh Muhammad ibn Rabee Al Madhkhalee
- and other than them from the salafee scholars, and the books of Shaykh Zaid ibn Muhammad Al Madhkhalee and whatsoever is similar to this.
Al Fataawaa Al Jaliyyah ‘An Al Manaahij Ad Da’wiyyah’ by Shaykh Ahmad ibn Yahya An Najmee pg 18-19, 2nd edt, 14 21 H / 2000 CE
Verily the best speech is that of Allah , and the best of guidances is that of Muhammad (SAW) and the worst of all affairs are the newly invented ones.