Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked 2,226 Times in 549 Posts
Seeking Knowledge: A Beautiful collection of Articles.
A Beautiful Collection from: http://abdurrahman.org/knowledge/Books Recommended by ScholarsImportance of Islamic KnowledgeCorrect Your IntentionsGuidelines To Improve Knowledge
Actions with Knowledge
- [Blog] Seeking Knowledge In Our Time and Seeking Knowledge In The Time That Was Before Us
Why the people who seek knowledge today don’t find the success with their knowledge and great benefit with their knowledge ?
- [Blog] Knowledge is not in being able to narrate much and in having many books – Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan’s explanation of Sharhus-Sunnah of Imaam Al-Barabahaaree
- The Etiquettes Of The Seeker Of Knowledge - Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd [ PDF ]
- [Blog]Signposts upon the Path to Seeking Knowledge – Shaykh ‘Abdul-Azeez As-Sadhaan [pdf book / mp3]
- Etiquettes of the Seekers of Knowledge: Taqwaa (Piety) - The Key to Learning - Al-Ibaanah Magazine
Shaykh Abű Anas Hamad al-’Uthmân . From An-Nubadh fî Âdâbit-Talabil-’Ilm (pp.12-15)
- Etiquettes of the Seekers of Knowledge: Giving Priority to the Qur‘ân - Al-Ibaanah Magazine , Issue No.3
Shaykh Abű Anas Hamad al-’Uthmân . From An-Nubadh fî Âdâbit-Talabil-’Ilm (pp.61-66)
- The Manners of the Student of Knowledge - Abu Abdillah Muhammad Said Raslan [ PDF ]
- Explanation Of Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd's: Etiquette Of A Seeker Of Knowledge - Shaykh IbnUthaymeen
- The Methodology of Seeking Knowledge - v1.0 - Sheikh Salih Ibn Abdul Aziz Ali Sheikh.
- Guidelines For Acquiring Knowledge - by Saeed bin Wahf al-Qahtani
Source: Al-Hikmah Fid-Da'wah Ilallaah (trans. Abu Iyaad) salafipublications.com
- Laying the Foundations for Seeking Knowledge - by Shaikh Muhammad 'Umar Baazmool
Al-Ibaanah Book Publishing
- Dealing With The Books Of Knowledge - by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen
- Advising the Seekers of Knowledge - by Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee
Source:Introduction of his classic book Iqtidaa-ul-'Ilm Al-'Amal Translator:abu maryam . http://www.al-manhaj.com
- From the Manners of Knowledge - by Ahmad Fareed
Source:Al-Bahr-ur-Raa’iq Fee Az -Zuhdi war-Raqaa’iq- (pg. 39-43 of Daar-ul-Eemaan publishing) - Translator:isma'eel alarcon - http://al-manhaj.com
- Begin by Learning the Fundamentals of Ahlus Sunnah - by Ahmad bin Muhammad ash-Shihhee
Source:His book Al-Wasaayah as-Saniyyah (pg. 17-27) Translator:abu maryam . http://al-manhaj.com
-  Obstacles in the Path of Knowledge - by Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davies - 35 Pages [ PDF ] spubs
An explanation of some points from “Obstacles in the Path of Knowledge” (of Shaikh ‘Abdus- Salaam Burjis) by Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davies. Transcribed by Abu and Umm Mariam for SalafiPublications.Com, edited and amended by Abu Iyaad Amjad Rafiq, checked by Abu Talhah Dawud Burbank.
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge : Part 1
Beginning with some introductory notes on knowledge, ignorance, abandoning or forgetting knowledge, knowledge being light and the use of knowledge in acquring virtue and excellence
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 2
Looking at the disease of seeking knowledge for other than the sake of Allaah, and that this is a major obstacle in the path of the student of knowledge.
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 3
Not acting upon knowledge is actually ignorance, despite having knowledge. A look at how this disease is a major obstacle to attaining true knowledge
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 4
The obstacle of relying upon books alone, without reference to a teacher or a scholar, and some of the dangers resulting from this practice
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 5
One of the signs of the hour is that knowledge will be taken from the Asaaghir - another one of the obstacles in the path to knowledge.
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 6
Explaining the importance of being gradual in the acquisition of knowledge since acquiring knowledge in one go has the associated danger of losing it all in one go!
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 7
A look at the obstacle of having pride and being amazed and deceived with oneself and how this prevents true knowledge, as opposed to humility, which is a sign of benefiting from knowledge.
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 8
The importance of great striving, patient perseverence, long lengths of time, and other affairs, that are required in abundance before one is able to give verdict or make ijtihaad.
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 9
Making mention of the lack of zeal in seeking knowledge, which is due partly to people wasting time, not taking benefit from their good health and free time.
- Obstacles in The Path of Knowledge: Part 10
Highlighting the two deadly and lethal diseases of Tasweef and Tamanni, and their role in deceiving an individual into swimming in hopes and dreams until death reaches him!
- How to Read the Books of the People of Knowledge - by Shaykh Sâlih âl-ush Shaykh
- The Difference Between Knowledge that is Essential and Anecdotal - Shaykh Saalih Aalush-Shaykh
- [Blog] Oh Allaah, benefit me by that which you have taught me
- Knowledge Mandates Action - ( Iqtidaa-ul-‘Ilm al-‘Amal) - By Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee. [ PDF ] Book
Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee, has reviewed the treatise and verified the narrations
- Adorning Knowledge with Actions - By Shaykh Husayn al-Awaa'ishah
From the Author's Introduction: I felt that I should hurry in bringing forward the hadeeth: "The two feet of the son of Aadam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters): about his life - how he spent it; about his youth - how he took care of it; about his wealth - how he earned it; and where he spent it; and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge that he acquired," as an aid towards purification of the souls and preparation for death. The advice being firstly to myself, secondly to the du'aat (callers to Allah's path) and thirdly to all my Muslim brothers in every part of the world - hoping that Allah, the Most High, will cause benefit through that which I have written and that the fruits of that may be reaped, now and in the future. In this treatise I restricted myself to one part of the hadeeth and that is "…and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge that he gained."