TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Beneficial Knowledge
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18Oct2015, 06:40 PM   #1
Articles
Articles from Trusted Sites
2000+ Posts

Flag Green Lofty Manners & Conduct of the Salaf [Examples]

Lofty Manners & Conduct of the Salaf [Examples]

Miscellaneous Examples

It is reported that J?bir b. ?Abdill?h – All?h be pleased with him – said:
Have taqw? of All?h and behave modestly (with a sense of shame), and cover yourselves; let not any of you bathe except behind a covering.
Al-Bayhaq?, Shu?ab Al-?m?n #7398.
It is reported that Muj?hid – All?h have mercy on him – said:
It is disliked for a man to stare at his brother or follow him with his gaze when he gets up, or to ask him where he has come from.
Op. cit. #9580.
It is reported that ?A?? b. Ab? Rab?? – All?h have mercy on him – said:
Sometimes a man narrates a ?ad?th to me, so I remain quiet as if I am listening carefully, although I had heard the ?ad?th before he had even been born.
Al-?ahab?, Siyar A?l?m Al-Nubal?? 5:87.
It is reported that Al-A?naf b. Qays – All?h have mercy on him – would try to make space whenever a man came to him, and if there was no space, he would make it appear that he was trying to make space for him.
Op. cit. 4:94
Mu?ammad b. Ab? ??tim reports:
I heard Al-Bu??r? say, “I have never eaten leek.” So I asked, “And why is that?” He replied, “I hate to annoy anyone with its foul smell.”
Op. cit. 12:445
It is reported that ?Abdull?h b. Al-Mub?rak was asked about an issue in the presence of Sufy?n b. ?Uyaynah, so he said, “We have been forbidden to talk in front of our seniors.”
Op. cit. 8:420
It is reported from Al-?al?l b. A?mad – All?h have mercy on him – that if he ever benefitted someone with something, he would never make out that he had benefitted him, but if he ever benefitted from someone, he would show him that he had benefitted from him.
Op. cit. 7:431
It is reported that Al-Layth [b. Sa?d] – All?h have mercy on him – said:
I used to walk with ?al?ah, and he [once] said, “If I knew that you were older than me by even one night, I would never walk in front of you.”
Ab? Nu?aym, ?ilyatu Al-Awliy?? 5:17.
More:
  1. I’m the Man [the youngster who puts himself forward]
  2. From the Etiquette of a Son with his Father
  3. Humble Moves
  4. May*mun b. Mahran De*scribes The Salaf He Met
  5. The Behavior of The Seeker of Knowledge

Click here for the full article...
Articles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Articles For This Useful Post:
ylatamayorafae (28Oct2015)