TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Feeds from other Islamic sites > Troid.ca
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08Dec2010, 07:37 PM   #1
7654x
Trusted Member
100+ Posts

Thumbs up Shadeed Muhammad and his Misguidance!

Shaykh Ubayd & Shakh Rabee on Shadeed Muhammad, read here.
7654x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09Dec2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Aishah
Welcome!

Default The Grand Mufti answers:

باسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah...

A message taken from rawdah.org.....

All praise is for Allah, the Lord of everything that exists, and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon His
final Prophet and Messenger, Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, and upon his family and companions.

As to what proceeds,

On Saturday morning September 25th 2010, corresponding to the 17th of Shawwal 1431, Allah afforded me the
opportunity to meet with the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Shaykh Abdul Aziz Ali Shaykh (May Allah preserve him)
to speak with him regarding the recent turn of events affecting many Muslims in America.

When I sat with him, I said: “Shaykh my name is Shadeed Muhammad; I am an American who graduated from
the Islamic University of Madinah. I graduated in 2007 and returned to America. In the process of giving da'wah,
it appeared to me that there was an issue plaguing our communities, and it actually has a connection to Saudi
Arabia.” He asked: “And what is it?” I said: “Many students graduate from the Islamic University and return to
America to give da’wah. Any mistake he makes, there is always a group of brothers who take these mistakes
back to some of the scholars here in Saudi Arabia. In some cases, the information they convey may
be erroneous or, even worse, a complete lie. A ruling is passed on them, without hearing both sides, and it
creates turmoil and confusion amongst the masses of Muslims there. They begin to boycott one another and
separate from one another showing Wala’a wal Baraa’a (i.e. allegiance and disassociation) to the statement of
that particular scholar, can you please offer some advice?”

And to be completely honest, it was as if the Shaykh had heard the question a million times already. It was as if
this type of behavior follows a pattern well known to the Shaykh.

The Shaykh said: “Brother Shadeed! Fear Allah! Call to Allah’s religion and don’t busy yourself with the likes
of these individuals and their Fitnah (أمثال هؤلاء وفتنتهم). Leave these brothers alone! There is no end to their
fitnah and no end to these affairs that they are involved with! Even if you try to defend yourself against
them, it only opens up another door for them to attack you! Busy yourself with giving da’wah and teaching
the people!”

I asked him: “Shaykh do you have some general advice for the communities in America?” The Shaykh said: “Yes.
Tell the brothers and sisters in America to fear Allah! And don’t busy themselves with these affairs! Tell
them to busy themselves with seeking knowledge of the religion!”

The Shaykh then asked me if I had a personal question pertaining to myself that I wanted to ask and I replied in
the affirmative. I said: “Shaykh I have been warned against by one of the scholars and he says I shouldn’t be
giving da’wah because…” The Shaykh interrupted me before I could finish and said: “Like I said previously
brother Shadeed, leave these individuals alone and busy yourself with calling to Allah’s religion! There is no
end to their fitnah! Teach the people what you have learned from Allah's religion, Baarakallhu feek (i.
e. may Allah bless you).”
And this ended our conversation
Amr bin Al-'Aas (R.A) said: One day we were with the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W) on this mountain path when he said: "Look! Do you see anything?''We said: "We see a crow that is very strange .Its beak and its legs are red." So Allah's Messenger (S.A.W) said: "No one among women will enter Paradise except for those who have the similitude of this crow in strangeness." Reported by Ahmad (4/197), Abu Ya’laa (1/349) and Authenticated by Al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (4/1850)
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09Dec2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Aishah
Welcome!

Default Must Watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4T0k...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8Mf...yer_detailpage

very very important

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vE0cz5MsvYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VyWO...yer_detailpage
Amr bin Al-'Aas (R.A) said: One day we were with the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W) on this mountain path when he said: "Look! Do you see anything?''We said: "We see a crow that is very strange .Its beak and its legs are red." So Allah's Messenger (S.A.W) said: "No one among women will enter Paradise except for those who have the similitude of this crow in strangeness." Reported by Ahmad (4/197), Abu Ya’laa (1/349) and Authenticated by Al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (4/1850)
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10Dec2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Thanked 1,028 Times in 554 Posts
Post Re: Shadeed Muhammad and his Misguidance!

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

Wallahi a lot has been said about brother Shadeed Muhammad هداه الله. And this one has been going to that Shaikh and that one to this Shaikh and it has caused a lot of confusion to Ahlus Sunnah. And, by Allah this has happened in the past and it will continue happening until we learn one principle which has been explained time and time again by the 'Ulama of the past and present.

This principle was elaborated by Shaikh Rabee' when he said: "Verily your actions are your recommendation."

Tayyib we see Shaikh Abdul Azeez Aal Ash Shaikh, Shaikh Wasiyullah Al 'Abbas and others praise Shadeed.

And we see the bearer of the flag of Jarh Wa Ta'deel speaking ill of Shadeed. What do we do?

We ask what is the Daleel that shows the misguidance of Shadeed?

First thing, the Paradigm Shift lecture where he came up with the following principles:

- A secularized Salafeeyah. Where secular qualifications are needed to run a Masjid/Muslim community.

- Saying that not all the scholars spoke ill of him. And that is a Halabian principle (one of the principles of Ali Hasan Al Halabi Al Mubtadi')

-Saying that the Salafi Da'wah is only Rudood in the United states. And this is another doubt of Halabi.

And then afterward:

- Going back and forth to get Fatawa from the 'Ulama. This is the religion of Allah ta'ala and whoever seeks the easy Fatawa of the 'Ulama will become a heretic.

And there are many other things that I noticed however we will stick to the Usool.

And we ask is this Baatil (misguidance) or not?

Tayyib if this is misguidance based upon evidence then the best thing is to leave him alone until he repents. And as far as I know he has not repented from what he said in his lecture.

And in that case since there is evidence for his misguidance and playing with the religion then what need do we have for other Fatawa when the matter has been made clear?

And let not anyone say: "Musa feel he is an 'Aalim," "Musa is opposing the 'Ulama." If they say so then Wallahi they have to learn Tawheed from square one. Because part of Tawheed is obedience to the evidences when it comes. And since there are clear indications that Shadeed has opposed the Manhaj of the Salaf and he has not recanted from his claims then am I do follow a scholar who praised him and told him to give Da'wah?

Abdul Azeez Aal Ash Shaikh may Allah preserve him once praised Sayyid Qutb. And when asked a question about a statement the latter made he said such a man is astray! So in any case the matter may have not been clearly laid out to the Grand Mufti. And to this we repeat the principle that the detailed criticism takes precedence over the appraisal.

And Allah knows best.
Abu Muhammad Farid (11Dec2010)
Old 12Dec2010, 03:29 PM   #5
Mpubs (feed)
100+ Posts

Default Shaykh Rabee' Compares Shadeed Muhammad to Abul Hasan Al-Maribee

The Shaykh Allaamah Rabee' Ibn Haadi compares some statements of Shadeed Muhammad to Abul Hasan Al-Maribee

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatahu

The noble brother Abdul-ilah from the UK went to Shaykh Rabee and read to him some of the statements of Shadeed Muhammad, which will soon be made available. Shaykh Usaamah al-'Utaybee was also present. When the Shaykh heard these points he compared what he heard to the positions of Al-Maribee.

By Allaah, Al-Maribee attempted to ruin the clear call of Salafiyyah spread by Shaykh Muqbil, the Mujaddid of Yemen, and he failed. Alhamdu lillah.

And Shadeed Muhammad is trying to corrupt and water down the Salafee Da'wah taught and spread by the likes of Abu Awais and others in the US. The deceit and treachery of this man will be exposed for the world to see. Shadeed Muhammad has not dedicated a single lecture or article to refute any of the heads of innovation but he writes 100's of pages against Salafis. Why?

This is an example where Shadeed claims that we should have non-Salafis on the Admin of Salafi Masjids if they have secular degrees! In his ignorance he compares the house of Allah to a business. Why does he raise this issue when speaking to women? Harsh with the Salafis and bootlicking the Hizbees.
Mpubs (feed) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13Dec2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Shadeed Muhammad and his Misguidance!

Baarakallahu Feek Ya Yusuf.

My brothers and sisters, the matter is clear as day and night. And we should not let our emotions lead us to taking an incorrect stance which we may regret.

We hope that the brother repents from his actions and statements sincerly and that he returns to his Salafi brothers to give da'wah upon goodness and piety.

And whoever, after his mistake, becomes arrogant and has pride they will be destroyed by Allah ta'ala. As the Prophet said: "And whoever has pride Allah will debase him."

And Allah knows best
Old 14Dec2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Post Allahu Musta'aan

Alhamdu Lillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'Ala Rasulillah Amma Ba'd.

After writing a post on the issue of Shadeed, may Allah guide him to what is best, I observed that there are some that are displeased with it. Now, there is no problem if one is displeased with it and has evidences to validate his displeasure.

Additionally, one's displeasure should not be expressed through ad hominem arguments. Such as calling people:

Quote:
hypocritical, ignorant barking dogs
and:

Quote:
DEVILS
We have to slow down. We must take the advice of the Prophet who when a man asked him advice said:

Quote:
"Do not get angry."
Let us not get carried away with our emotions but rather let us stick to points and principles.

Firstly, I was not attacking secular education and without doubt I personally believe that secular education is important and has its place. Bearing in mind of course that once we can distance ourselves from the mixing and evils that may present themselves in University environments then it is all well and good.

What I was in fact showing was that secular (tertiary) education is not a requirement to be in the administration of a Masjid. You see the difference my dear readers? And my dear brothers who are yet to be known?

And if it is that secular education is a requirement to be in the administration of a Masjid then I must see evidences.

And I heard this from Shadeed's mouth when he gave a talk in Masjid Rahmah over the internet:

Quote:
"What makes you qualified to be in the Shura? Do you have a degree..."
Where did this come from? Qur'an? Sunnah? Ijmaa'? Statements of the scholars? Where is it that you need to have a degree in Economics to be the Masjid treasurer, Mass Communications to be the Imam, psycology and social sciences to be the marriage counsellor?

This is why the Salaf said: "... and stand where the people stood." We should not make statements without contemplating on whether or not our claims are substantiated by evidences.

Hence, the misguidance is not that he spoke about the importance of secular education but rather that it seemed that he made it a requirement to be part of a Masjid Administration.

As for the second point about the Halabian principle. Ali Hasan Al Halabi, may Allah guide him, made Ijmaa' (consensus) a condition to accept the disparagement of an individual. And I ask my unknown brothers:

Quote:
"Give your evidences if you are truthful"
Give your evidences from Nuzhah An Nadhr, from Baa'ith Al Hatheeth, from Tadreeb Ar Raawi, from Uloom Ul Hadeeth and other great books of this science that Ijmaa' is a pre-requisite for the acceptance of a Jarh!

Rather, from what I have read in all of these books, the Jarh Al Muffasar is accepted once it comes from a person who knows the reason for the Jarh. And if Shaikh Rabee' Ibn Haadi is not a scholar of Jarh Wa Ta'deel after Shaikh Al Albani said on tape:

Quote:
"Verily he is the carrier of the flag of Jarh Wa Ta'deel in this time."
Then who is?

And this principle which was spoken of by Shadeed so that the people reject what some of the scholars have said about him. And again we ask him to desist from such actions.

Thirdly the issue about the Da'wah in America being about Rudood only.

The Arabs have a statement which says:

Quote:
"Generalities are the brothers of lies."
It makes it seem, that all these brothers talk about is people. And this is far from the truth since I have observed that these brothers have classes on Tawheed, Fiqh, heart softeners, Manhaj etc. And I have observed that Halabi made that remark concerning the scholars saying that all they have is speech about the people!

And as for Shadeed going back and forth to the Ulama this is clear. He has no clear stance and he has blown where the breeze has blown.

One day he is with Madeenah.com next day he denounces them and then the day after he is with them again.

One day he is taking the Fatwa of Shaikh Ubaid next day he goes to Shaikh Luhaidaan and Shaikh Abdul Azeez Aal Ash Shaikh and revokes that Fatwa for want of a better word!

I ask my brothers and sisters. What is this? And where did it come from?

And my question is also to all Salafis in general. Why is it that when we do a wrong action or are thinking of attempting a wrong action we try to get a Shaikh to aid and abet in it?

Rather, once a scholar speaks with evidences we hold onto them firmly no matter who the scholar may be.

And I ask another question, such a person who is going side to side and not showing firmness in adversity, is he someone to take knowledge from?

We as Salafis do not have allegiance and disassociation based upon a particular publication company or Islamic Center. Rather this is based upon the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

If he always felt that spubs was in the wrong and that Madeenah.com was in the right then why distance oneself from Madeenah.com? Just because Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Haadi called them liars?

Again, we ask Allah to rectify his condition. And as for my unknown brothers I will not call their actions cowardice. Rather I will say that possibly they do not want to be acknowledged in order to stay away from being recognized by our web surfers out there.

But one point. We learn in the science of Hadeeth that there is the Majhool (unknown) people. And this is divided into two categories:

1. Majhool in terms of the person himself. And he is the one who only one narrator has narrated from him. And he has not been deemed Thiqah from any of the scholars.

2. Majhool in terms of his condition. And he is the one who more than one narrator narrates from him however his condition (whether he has been appraised or disparaged) is unknown. And such a person is called Mastoor.

So as a gift to my brothers who wish not to be acknowledged I say to them:

The Ulama have agreed, they have had consensus on the fact that information is never to be accepted from the Majhool Al 'Ain (the one who is completely unknown). Because since no one knows such a narrator his condition cannot be elaborated upon.

Therefore, make sure to come clear with your real names. May Allah bless you.

Musa Millington

Last edited by Musa Millington : 14Dec2010 at 04:29 PM.
Musa Millington is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Musa Millington For This Useful Post:
Umarfarooq (21Dec2010)
Old 15Dec2010, 09:47 AM   #8
abaumayr
New Member (Some Posts)
Welcome!

Default Re: Shadeed Muhammad and his Misguidance!

BaarakAllahu feek
abaumayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18Dec2010, 10:01 AM   #9
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Post Response to Ahmed_Tabib

I thank Allah ta'ala that brother Ahmad Jazahullahu Khairan responded to what I have said in a manner worthy of praise. However, there are some points which I would like to elaborate upon which he may be mistaken.

So with the help of Allah I start...

Quote:
Brother Musa Millington, being the administrator of his forum, has made a series of posts, to portray Shadeed Muhammad as a corrupted individual, based on carbon copying from salafitalk forum. It would be more appropriate to respond to his allegations and statements in his forum, but I have not had any success so far in posting in Musa's forum, and Musa Millington has continued in making one-sided statements which would likely to be pasted and followed and subsequently obligated to follow, by those who blindly follow from his and salafitalk forums.
My dear brother Ahmed, may Allah bless you. My statements are not a carbon copy of what was posted on Salafi talk. Rather my statements are based upon what I heard from the lecture (the Paradigm shift) and read from his book (clarification of recent events).

Additionally, you must take note that I wrote about Shadeed's mistakes without mentioning his name in a post called: "Principles to be clarified." This is the link here:

http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=7987

And as you would observe, this was written in the third of August this year. And on 28th September I wrote an e-mail concerning his issue. Hence, my speech was never recent concerning his mistakes and that they resembled those of Abu Hasan Al Ma'ribi.

What I wrote in this thread was simply a synopsis of what I have written previously.

I hope we are all clear on this.

Point Number two.

Quote:
By your saying, the flag bearer of Jarh wa Ta'deel has "spoken ill", and this goes against the Commandment of Allaah 'azza wa jal, when He said as interpreted, "O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun." (Surah al-Hujurat, 49:11) You can look up the Tafsir Ibn Katheer for this from here: http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=49&tid=49828

So just by this point alone, it is incumbent upon you to reject the speech of the flag bearer of Jarh Wa Ta'deel, if you are indeed Muslims who fear Allaah.

The other points would be under the condition that your statement is not taken at its face value.
My dear brother let us not delve into semantics. Spoke ill of and disparaged carry the same meaning and conotation in the English language. In any case, to avoid semantics let us use the word Jarh. The point is that Shaikh Rabee' made a Jarh of Shadeed.

Secondly, why is it incumbent upon me to reject Shaikh Rabee's speech? Evidence is required for such a statement.

Quote:
With Shaykh Rabee' not hearing anything from Shadeed himself and then making such comments, Musa posts "what should we do?"? Then it is as Shaykh al-'Allaamah Saalih al-Luhaydaan hafidhahullaah said with regards to similar speech of Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree against the brother: "Then you have every right to defend yourself! Refute what he said about you in your language and send it out over the internet just as what he said about you was sent out all over the internet! How can he make a statement about you such as this, without even hearing from you?! He does not have the right to rule against you in such a manner. Refute what he said and move forward in giving da'wah."
Now this goes into the issue of taking the news of the one who is trustworthy. Now, if it is that the brothers who told Shaikh Rabee' this news are not trustworthy then in that case Shaikh Rabee's statement is rejected. And if it is otherwise then it is accepted.

However, bear in mind that Shaikh Rabee' made his statements based on the issue of him going to the movies in Tobago which Shadeed himself acknowledged was incorrect.

And even if we were to say that Shaikh Rabee' made a mistake in this issue at the time he said it Shadeed still went against the Manhaj of the Salaf iand some of its principles in the Paradigm Shift and Clarification of Events. Hence, even after the fact, evidence of his deviation (I am not calling the brother a deviant but he has deviations) are present on his own website through his own speech.

And brothers and sisters, there is one thing I have not mentioned previously but I will mention it now and it is extremely serious. And this is when he said:

Quote:
"Sisters are afraid because when they come in the Salafi Masjid all they see is black."
Refer to his lecture, (The Paradigm Shift).

This is a wretched, insultive statement to our Salafi sisters. And there are virtues in sisters wearing black according to some Ahadeeth. When I heard this statement it reminded me of one of the nullifiers of Islam which is mocking the religion of Allah or something from it.

And in his own book about Tawheed (which I posess home) he stated that mockery is either direct or indirect. And what does this statement show!! If we were to send this statement to the scholars what would they say? I dare anyone to send this statement to Shaikh Abdul Azeez Aal Ash Shaikh or Shaikh Luhaidaan.

I rest my case on this issue. Now onto the next issue:

Quote:
It would have been more truthful of you, O the carrier of the name of the noble Prophet 'alayhis salam, if you could pinpoint Shadeed's statements from the Paradigm Shift lecture to show that he came up with the following principles, instead of making it appear that he indeed did so, without any proofs.

I did not see any mention of 'secularized Salafeeyah', but if we are to take your quoted saying, then fear Allaah with regards to your saying. In the book 'Aqeedatu Ahlus Sunnah wal-Jama'aah' by Shaykh Muhammad bin Ibraheem al-Hamad and reviewed by Shaykh Ibn Baaz rahimahumullaah, the following excerpt is related to us by brother Aboo Thaabit Isma'il as-Somali al-Britani, who is a current student at the Islamic University of Madeenah:

"[The correct aqeedah] does not go against sound knowledge rather it reinforces it and calls towards it. So the benefitting knowledge, which both the Qur’aan and the Sunnah call towards is the type of knowledge that will bring its bearer [true] benefit and there is no difference wether this type of knowledge is connected with the dunya or the aakhirah rather whatever purifies the actions and softens the manners and guides to the straight path then it is from beneficial knowledge.

And the Sharee’ah, in all its perfection has ordered for the study of all types of beneficial knowledge. From the study of Tawheed, Fiqh Arabic language even Economics, Politics, Warfare and knowledge pertaining to Industry (and medicine [Shaykh Bin Baaz added this himself]) and any other type of beneficial knowledge that will benefit the individual as well as the community as a whole.

So there is no type of beneficial knowledge that the Sharee’ah has not orded the study of, regardless if it’s pertaining to the religion or the dunya, in truth whatever beneficial knowledge from the dunya has been linked to the aakhirah [i.e a person with the right intention will be rewarded for it]

And alot of people have gone to both extremes concerning this, some people from the ahl al-ghuluw [people who make the religion difficult upon themselves] have said only study the religion and others like secularists have said only study the dunya and thus both have gone astray."

So O intelligent ones! Look at the statement of the brother Musa Millington and the statements of the two esteemed Shaykhs, and look into your own affairs before trying to 'correct' others.
Apparantly, he has not read my previous post regarding my statements of secular knowledge. I said that it has its place however it is not a requirement to carry a Muslim community forward and it is not a requirement to be in the Shura of a Masjid.

And insha allah I have no problem taking the statement from the Paradigm Shift and his books since these are my references to the accusation I have brought forth. I would not just make these things up from the sky.

Next quote:

Quote:
A Scholar fears Allaah and does not speak ill of anyone, except that he has fallen to his desires in that issue. What is it, ya akhi, that you keep saying the Inheritors of the Prophet speaking ill of others?!
But if you resort to the speech of Shaykh Ubayd and Shaykh Rabee', then number of points pertaining to that have already been mentioned above. In addition to that, none of two Shaykhs listened or know Shadeed themselves, so what is it that you are trying to allude here by saying Scholars refuted him (or rather 'spoke ill' of him)?

Shaykh Wase'ullaah specifically mentioned concerning such statements of Scholars being used against their brothers:

"I love our noble Mashayikh who these corrupted individuals attach themselves to, and whose speech they take advantage of and extract whatever they need. I pray that Allah grants these Mashayikh success, and I hope that they (may Allah honor them) - and this is known to me by experience - refrain from giving those corrupt individuals statements that are then used as a sharp weapon against the Salafees, making them a laughing stock and target for mockery amongst other groups and sects that are in opposition to the Salafi Mahhaj."

Pay attention O intelligent ones. Disguising this as a 'Halabian' principle and then trying to make Shadeed the promoter of misguidance? Allaahul musta'aan. How beautiful is the saying of the one, "From the words of the previous Prophets that the people still find are: If you feel no shame, then do as you wish’.”
As for the first matter which I underlined in this quote. I tell the writer to please avoid semantics. The scholars speak ill of people due to their misguidance. If you prefer not to use the words "speak ill of" then I would oblige and use the word disparage instead. But I think most Salafis understood what I was speaking about.

As for the second issue which I underlined. I have a gift for the brother and I hope he accepts it. By the way this was written on September 28th of this year in an email I wrote myself:

Quote:
Making Ijmaa' a condition for the acceptance of a Jarh (Clarification of Recent Events PDF)

And now he is riding the same wave of Abu Hasan Al Ma'ribi in terms of rejecting the advice of the Shuyuukh. As we know Abu Hasan used to say: "I don't have to accept the Jarh of so and so," and also "we are people of daleel not people of taqleed."

Look at Shadeed's recent speech in his book: "Blowing the Whistle..."

Quote:
"Are you going against the advice of the scholars!" as a fear-factor that has caused many to go against what they know is the truth. This is one of the many subtle manifestations of Hizbiyah!

"Hence is not befitting for us to raise the speech of the scholars to the level of revelation, to the extent of saying to someone: “Are you going against the advice of the scholars?!” or “Are you going against the shaykh?!” Especially since the scholars differ on many issues regarding the religion as well as their positions on individuals. These are the types of comments and statements we hear all too frequently today, used as means of controlling people or to intimidating them from going against what has become the status-quo, the likes of statements such as; “You are disobeying the scholars!” as if to say that the individual is a sinner worthy of punishment from Allah if he disagrees with something a scholar has said!!!"
My dear brothers who are in Da'wah look at these statements of this Miskeen may Allah guide him to the truth. And look at what Shaikh Rabee' has to say about the issue:

Shaikh Rabee' Ibn Haadi Al Madkhali said:

"If two scholars from the scholars of Jarh and Ta'deel or other than them have difference in a matter of the religion then the ruling in this matter is for Allah and not for desires and its people who take the statement of the one who is incorrect and reject the statement of the one who is correct. Therefore what is compulsory is that when there is a disagreement in a matter of the religion it must be returned to Allah and his Messenger. Allah has said: "If you disagree about any matter then return it to Allah and the Messenger if you believe in Allah and the last day this is good and excellent." Therefore one has to look at the statements of the disagreeing parties according to the light of the Shari'ah and its derived princples ... Therefore, the one whose statement is in correspondence to the Shar'iah of Allah his statement has to be taken and whoever foes against the Shari'ah (in his statements) then his statements are rejected with respect for that person and that he is a Mujtahid and has the blessing of a Mujtahid who was incorrect. And the Muslim who follows (the Sunnah) should not take the stance of the people of desires that when the 'Ulama have differences they say that it is not compulsory upon me to take the statement of so and so and then he goes and plays with the intellects of the people. Because verily the likes of this statement brings people to rejecting the truth and putting down its people. And as for the one who has the evidences, then it is compulsory to take his statement following the Shar'iah of Allah and its evidences not because of the personality of this person and the darkness of his eyes (from sleeplessness due to studying).

And ironically, as was previously posted, some of the statements of Shadeed were read to Shaikh Rabee' and the Shaikh compared his speech to that of Abu Hasan Al Ma'ribi.

As for the next statement:

Quote:
Again, please show where he said the da'wah is only Rudood in US?
I believe it was in the Paradigm shift he said such.

Note: As for Shadeed's Dhabdhabah (going back and forth). One day he is with Madeenah.com next day he is speaking ill of them, the next day they are back together.

And then one day he is with the advice of Shaikh Ubaid, next day he runs to get a Fatwa from Shaikh Luhaidaan. I mean this is too clear.

If a brother has a stance take one stance even if it opposes the world. Once you are upon Daleel you are safe. As for this Dhabdhabah then this is not proper.

And the last one:

Quote:
And -
- the detailed criticisms are subject to detailed criticisms as mentioned above;
Daleel?? Where you get this from in the science of Ahadeeth. Which of the scholars brought this forward from the Salaf or the scholars of Hadeeth?

A detailed criticism (Jarh) takes precedence once it comes from an 'Aalim of Jarh Wa Ta'deel who knows the reasons for criticism. As for a detailed criticism being subject to a detailed criticism. I have not seen this from any of the books of the 'Ulama.

Quote:
- detailed criticism DOES NOT take absolute precedence over appraisal, considering the criticisms are themselves falsehood or deceptive;
Without doubt you are correct on that.

Quote:
- the Scholars speaking good of Shadeed have EXPLICITLY mentioned specific affairs concerning Shadeed and those who criticised him;
Ya Akhii, have they listened to the Paradigm shift, have they read his clarification on events, have they read blowing the whistle? Do they know the details, what we call in Trinidad the 'nitty gritty'.

This is what I mean by the detailed criticism takes precedence over the general appraisal. If you read the Fatawa of Shaikh Luhaidaan the Shaikh says: "I do not know you." And if you read the Fatawa of Shaikh Abdul 'Azeez Aal Ash Shaikh he said: "I do not know you." So we have to be careful.

Quote:
- those who speak ill against Du'at under pretext of Jarh wat-ta'deel are slanderers as Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan mentioned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... E0cz5MsvYM), and the Curse and Warning of Allaah to such people are mentioned in the noble Qur'aan.
This is not taken in its generality. Those who speak ill of them using evidences are not slanderers. As for those who speak ill of them without evidences without doubt they are oppressors and sinners.

Shaikh Fawzan criticized (don't want to use spoke ill of) Adnaan 'Aruur is this slander?

And he spoke ill of 'Amr Khaalid is this slander?

And he spoke ill of Habeeb (Bagheed) Jifri is this slander?

Ya Akhii this is Naseehah not slander.

Hence we have to be careful. And we must know that one of the situations where it is Halaal to criticize someone is to warn against his deviance.

In any case, excuse me if I did not put more detail in this e-mail since I wished to summarize the issue as much as possible.

As for the statement of Ilyas:

Quote:
LOOKS LIKE THE THREAD IS REMOVED FROM MUSA MILLINGTON BLOG?

NO REASONS?

NO CLARIFICATIONS?

NO APPOLOGY?
Dear friend, the thread was never on my blog. All these posts are on this website. I have not written on my blog for some months Baarakallahu Feek.

So to make it look like I was just writing and then removed it is false. The brother, whoever he may be, whether Jinn or Mankind, needs to make an apology for posting his incorrect assumptions which is devoid of evidence.

May Allah make it easy to see truth as truth and falsehood as falsehood.

Last edited by Musa Millington : 18Dec2010 at 10:09 AM.
Musa Millington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19Dec2010, 11:28 AM   #10
7654x
Trusted Member
100+ Posts

More updates by Sunnah Publishing & Abu Khadeejah here.
7654x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20Dec2010, 11:13 AM   #11
UmmZubair
Welcome!

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraktu,

I have been hearing alot on this issue and subhan'Allah it seems serious, I have a few of Shadeed Muhammeds lectures so is best that I rid myself of these?
Jazak'Allahu Khayr

–Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah
UmmZubair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21Dec2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Yes you should not listen to them for the following reasons:

(1) He may have put forth some of his principles in previous lectures and many may not have the ability to discern between truth and falsehood.

(2) One's heart would still be tied to him.

And as we said may Allah help the brother to realize his mistakes and make Tawbah.
UmmZubair (24Dec2010)
Old 23Dec2010, 06:51 PM   #13
Mpubs (feed)
100+ Posts

Default Shadeed Muhammad Claims The Sahabah Differed in Aqeedah!

Shadeed Muhammad Claims The Sahabah Differed in Aqeedah!

(Pay particular attention to what Shaykh Saalih al-Luhaydaan hafidhahullaah said at the bottom of the post concerning the affair of those making this claim. May Allaah Forgive Akh Shadeed and return him, in a pleasing manner, to that which is upright and correct.
)

Said Shadeed Muhammad,

quote: "Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah - rahimahullaahu ta'aalaa - he mentions in his Majmooýul-Fataawaa volume 23, page 172, (he then quotes the statement in Arabic then goes on to translate), ýHe said that you found that the Sahaabah, they differed in issues. The Sahaabah they differed in issues, they might have even differed in issues of aqeedah. He said but along with this differing you still found amongst them love and harmony, along with their differing. There was still love, there was still ulfah. There was still love and harmony between them. And he mentioned an example...(quotes the Arabic). He said 'Aa`ishah differed with Ibn 'Abbaas and everyone that agreed with Ibn 'Abbaas in the issue, "Did the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) see Allaah when me made the Israa` wal-Mi'raaj." Ibn Abbaas said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) saw Allaah. 'Aa`ishah said that the one who said that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) saw Allaah has indeed lied lied on Allaahu subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa. He said, "But along with that, they never made tabdee' - they never said that they were innovators, those who agreed with 'Aa`ishah. And those who agreed with 'Aa`ishah never made innovators out of those who agreed with Ibn 'Abbaas. This is one of the many examples that we find from amongst the Sahaabah. And they differed in a major issue. But along with that you still never found amongst them what you find amongst us in affairs that are less than 'aqeedah. Issues of fiqh."

Click here for the audio

Comments:

[1]: Shadeed's claim here is nothing new. Rather, only a few years ago, the Scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah far and wide refuted an innovator by the name of Abul-Hasan al-Ma`ribee and this claim was his! Abul-Hasan said,

quote:"Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah mentioned that the Sahaabah differed in issues of 'aqeedah. They differed in the issue: Did the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) see his Lord on the night of al-Mi'raaj or not???" Refer to the cassette tape Jalsah fee Jeddah, dated: 28/6/1423H

By Allaah, it is as if Shadeed parroted this speech directly from al-Ma`ribee!

[2]: Shadeed is very ambiguous here in what is a direct translation of Ibn Taymiyyah's speech and what is Shadeed's own interjection.

Here is the speech he is quoting from Ibn Taymiyyah:

Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah - rahimahullaah - said - as occurs in Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa (24/172-173),

quote:"When the Scholars from the Sahaabah and the taabi'een and those who came after them disputed in an affair, they would follow the command of Allaahu ta'aalaa in His statement,

An-Nisa (4):59
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَطِيعُواْ اللّهَ وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ وَأُوْلِي الأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلاً
O you who believe! Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger (Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allâh and His Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) , if you believe in Allâh and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination.

And they used to debate an issue with a debate of mutual consultation and mutual advice. And perhaps their statement would differ in an issue of knowledge and deed, but the affection, virtuousness and religious brotherhood would remain."

And here - dear reader - is where Shadeed stops. However, the speech of Shaykhul-Islaam continues. Here is what Ibn Taymiyyah said next,

quote:"Yes, whosoever opposes the Clear Book and the detailed Sunnah, or whatever the Salaf of the Ummah have a consensus upon - a disagreement for which there is no excuse - then this one must be dealt with as the people of innovation are dealt."

So Shadeed left out the last sentence because doesn't agree with his recurring theme of excusing and accomodating innovation and its people.

[3]: In fact, Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah actually rebutted the same statement Shadeed is ascribing to him here, Ibn Taymiyyah said,

quote:"However, this dispute only occurred in the detailed affairs from it. As for that which was clear, then they did not differ in it. And the Sahaabah themselves differed in some of that, but they not differ in the 'aqaa`id (beliefs), nor in the path to Allaah, which the man from the close allies of Allaah, the righteous ones must traverse." Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa 10/274)

So here Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah has said the exact opposite of what Shadeed infers upon his words above. If it is still not clear to you - yaa Shadeed - then read the next statement where Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said,

quote:"And the intended purpose is that the Sahaabah - may Allaah be pleased with them - did not fight ever, over a principle (qaa'idah) from the principles of Islaam originally. And they did not differ in anything from the qawaa'id of Islaam, not about the Attributes, not about the Qadr, not about the issues of al-Asmaa` and al-Ahkaam (rulings), nor in the issues of the Imaamah." Refer to Minhaajus-Sunnah (6/336) of Ibn Taymiyyah.

[4]: What is intended by those who claim the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah - whether they be Abul-Hasan al-Ma`ribee or Shadeed Muhammad - is to put away the differences between Ahlus-Sunnah and Ahlul-Bid'ah. This is what Shaykh 'Abdul-Muhsin al-'Abbaad alluded to when he was asked in his lesson, which took place on Saturday, 20/8/1423H, "Is it permissible to say that the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah?" So the Noble Shaykh replied,

quote:"There is differing found amongst the Sahaabah in the furoo' (subsidiary affairs). And there is absolutely no differing found in the usool (foundations). And if there was, then what would the difference be between Ahlus-Sunnah and the innovators then?"

This - dear reader - is the goal. To remove the differences between Ahlus-Sunnah and the innovators. Take heed - yaa Shadeed - repent now!

[5]: Shadeed claims the issue of whether the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) saw Allaah during the night of al-Mi'raaj is an issue of the Sahaabah differing in 'aqeedah. A quick explanation of this is as follows:

Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim - rahimahullaah - said,

quote:"Indeed, 'Uthmaan Ibn Sa'eed ad-Daarimee mentioned in his book, ar-Radd a consensus of the Sahaabah that he (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) did not see his Lord on the night of al-Mi'raaj. And some of them exclude Ibn 'Abbaas from that. And our Shaykh (i.e. Ibn Taymiyyah) says: That is not a disagreement in truth, since Ibn 'Abbaas did not say he saw Allaah with the eyes in his head." Refer to Ijtimaa'ul-Juyooshil-Islaamiyyah (p. 48) of Ibnul-Qayyim.

Notice that Ibnul-Qayyim did not understand the speech of Ibn Taymiyyah as Shadeed understands it - or feigns understanding of it.

Shadeed claims Ibn Taymiyyah said the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah, citing the issue of the Ru`yah of the Prophet as an example. On the other hand, the foremost student of Ibn Taymiyyah - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah - explains that Ibn Taymiyyah did not hold this to be a disagreement between the Sahaabah. What audacity Shadeed has shown towards the Sahaabah and the Scholars of Islaam!

After a detailed discussion of this topic, Shaykh Rabee' Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee - hafidhahullaah - summed up the issue as follows,

quote:"Therefore, there was no disagreement between the Sahaabah about it. So the people of desires who spread the disagreements in the usool and the 'aqaa`id say, "The Sahaabah differed in the 'aqaa`id." This is a lie, they did not differ. 'Aa`ishah denied the ru`yah with the eyes and Ibn 'Abbaas did not affirm the ru`yah with the eyes; he affirmed the ru`yah with the heart. Where is the disagreement? There isn't one." Refer to Sharh Usoolus-Sunnah (p. 30) of Rabee' al-Madkhalee.

We leave Shadeed and the readers with some of the statements of the Scholars on those who claim that the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah:

Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim (d.751H) said,

quote:"Ineed, the Sahaabah differed in many of the issues of ahkaam (rulings) and they were the leaders of the Believers and the most complete of the Ummah in eemaan. However, with the praise of Allaah, they did not differ in a single issue from the issues of al-Asmaa` was-Sifaat and the Actions (of Allaah). Rather, all of them affirmed what the Book and the Sunnah spoke of. It was one word, from the first of them to the last of them." Refer to I'laamul-Muwaqqi'een 19/49) of Ibnul-Qayyim.

Imaam ash-Shaatibee said,

quote:"And the khilaaf (disagreement) from the time of the Sahaabah up until now occurred in issues of ijtihaad (independent reasoning)." Refer to al-I'tisaam (2/191) of ash-Shaatibee.

Shaykh Hammaad al-Ansaaree - rahimahullaah - said,

quote:"The Sahaabah did not ever differ in 'aqeedah. The khilaaf only occurred after them." Refer to al-Majmoo' fee Tarjumatil-'Allaamah al-Muhaddith Hammaad al-Ansaaree (2/492), issue no 124.

Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee - rahimahullaah - said,

quote:"As for the Muslims, then they were united and in agreement, not split concerning the usool of the Religion. Indeed, the time of the Sahaabah passed whilst they were upon that. They did not know any disagreement in 'aqeedah and the usool of the Religion at all. Rather, they were one Ummah." Refer to al-'Aqeedatul-Islaamiyyah wa Taareekhuhaa of Muhammad Amaan.

Shaykh Ahmad Ibn Yahyaa an-Najmee (d.1429H) - rahimahullaah - said,

quote:"Whoever says that the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah, then let him support his statement with proofs. And if he cannot do so, then he is a liar, a slanderer."

He further stated,

"Indeed, it is oligatory that the one who says the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah be silenced. And he must be prevented from speaking about 'aqeedah, because he is ignorant about it."

The Shaykh further statement about such a person,

"And the intended purpose of this slanderer is to accomodate the disagreements of hizbiyyah. And he must affirm for himself that he is a hizbee." Refer to al-Fataawaa al-Jaliyyah (question no. 63).

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan was asked: Is it correct for us to say that the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah?

He replied,

quote:"Who said this? A disagreement in 'aqeedah has never been mentioned for the Sahaabah - may Allaah forbid it! The one who claims that they differed in something from 'aqeedah is a liar."

http://www.alfawzan.ws/node/3041

Shaykh Saalih al-Luhaydaan was asked about those who say that the Sahaabah differed in 'aqeedah, so he replied,

quote:"Astaghfirullaah! No one says this, except a misguided innovator. He says that the Sahaabah differed whilst the Sahaabah were the people of 'aqeedah. If there was any disagreement between them, then it was in some of the affirs of ijtihaad related to deeds. As for the affairs of 'aqeedah, that Allaah is One and He Hears and Sees, and that He does whatever He wills, that He is the Creator of everything and aware of everything, then they never differed. And no one stirs up this affair, except for a caller to fitnah. He is either trying to pull wool over the eyes of the people by claiming to be from the people of goodness and uprightness. Or he may have known some good and started to speak with the good he knows to make the people weak and lead them to the falsehood that he follows and leans toward. Also he is eager to spread (what he has learned) if he is from those who are decieved by what he thinks he knows! Therefore it is upon him to seek Allah's forgiveness and repent to Him and to return to the people of knowledge and ask them. And if he is from those who like to conceal his agendas and cover his true objectives he should be exposed so the people can beware of his evil." Refer to the taped lecture, Sifaatul-Firqatin-Naajiyah wat-Taa`ifatil-Mansoorah, dated 6/2/1431H.

Taken from:
http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmes...=9&topic=11794
Mpubs (feed) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23Dec2010, 09:44 PM   #14
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

This is something quite sad to see that it has reached such a state. Instead of getting better, things have gotten progressively worse with the brother, may Allah guide him and give him the courage to seek his forgiveness.

Now, in terms of the speech itself I have two comments:

1. His speech was quite general and it is possible that he does not understand the difference between a fundamental issue of 'Aqeedah and a subsidiary of that fundamental issue.

What do I mean?

It means that the Salaf NEVER disagreed on the foundations of 'Aqeedah but however they may have disagreed in issues that are subsidiary to these foundations.

For example none of the Salaf believe that Allah ta'ala would not be seen on Yaumil Qiyamah. Seeing Allah (Ru'yah) in the hereafter is a fundamental issue and those who beg to differ on this issue are misguided innovator.

But however subsidiary to that issue is the issue of whether the Kuffar would see Allah on judgment day. In that case the Salaf did not call each other innovators based upon this.

Additionally, the disagreement in the subsidiary issue (the Kuffar seeing Allah on judgment day) does not interfere with the consensus regarding the fundamental issue (seeing Allah on judgment day).

That is point number one.

2. We have to believe that language is a powerful dynamic force my brothers and sisters. And when someone speaks, especially when he has some crookedness with him, it must show from their speech. As Allah said in Surah Muhammad:

"And you would know them by their manner of speaking."

Look at the speech of Shadeed:

"The Sahaabah they differed in issues, they might have even differed in issues of aqeedah"

Now, he did not clarify whether these issues were the fundamentals or subsidiary issues. And as we know the Manhaj of the Salaf is one of detail and not generalities.

And then when we go further we see the following:

"This is one of the many examples that we find from amongst the Sahaabah. And they differed in a major issue. But along with that you still never found amongst them what you find amongst us in affairs that are less than 'aqeedah. Issues of fiqh."

Now these are the lines that explain his Minhaaj. If we don't know him by these lines we would never know him Ya Ikhwaan. And I say this for the following reason:

- He made it seem that the issue of the Prophet seeing Allah was a fundamental issue when it is that in fact it is a subsidiary, detailed issue. And this is the problem.

What follows by this is the following:

- That if there are differences in a major issue it is allright because we are still Muslims.

Therefore we have:

- We should co-operate in what we agree upon and excuse each other for what we agree upon (Hassan Al Banna)

- We want a wide Minhaaj to accommodate the whole of the Ummah (Abul Hasan Al Ma'ribi)

- Let not our disagreement be a reason for our separation (Ali Hasan Al Halabi)

Or as my brother Dawood Adeeb said:

"That is the Rodney King Da'wah, can't we all just get along."

That is for our American brothers.

And I personally call it the Bob Marley Da'wah (One Love).

And then he made mention about issues that are less than 'Aqeedah, what does he mean?

Does he mean the issues of Minhaaj?

I know he can't mean that!! The scholars like Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al 'Uthaimeen have said clearly that if someone has errors in his Minhaaj then he would have errors in his 'Aqeedah.

So I really hope that the brother is not making it seem that the issue of Minhaaj is a light issue. I am going to have good thoughts about him insha allah in terms of that.

I ask Allah to show us the truth as truth and falsehood as falsehood.
Old 24Dec2010, 09:56 PM   #15
Musa Millington
2000+ Posts

Post Allahu Musta'aan.

As we have seen from the quotations of the brother, may Allah guide him, he is threading the path of the Ikhwaan Al Mufliseen (called the Ikhwaan Al Muslimeen). It is clear that his statements indicate the permissibility of tolerating 'major' differences of opinion in 'Aqeedah with the maintenance of Islamic Brotherhood. And this resembles the exact statement of Hassan Al Banna:

"We co-operate in what we agree upon and we excuse each other in what we disagree upon."

We ask Allah to guide the brother to the truth.

And then I have a question and maybe he can answer it on his website. And that is regarding his statement:

"He said that you found that the Sahaabah, they differed in issues. The Sahaabah they differed in issues, they might have even differed in issues of aqeedah. He said but along with this differing you still found amongst them love and harmony, along with their differing. "

And this statement:

"This is one of the many examples that we find from amongst the Sahaabah. And they differed in a major issue. But along with that you still never found amongst them what you find amongst us in affairs that are less than 'aqeedah. Issues of fiqh."

Do you mean, my brother that some of the Companions were from the following sects?:

The Khawarij

The Murji'ah

The Shee'ah

The Jahmeeyah

The Mu'tazilah

The Asharis

The Maaturidis...

And yet they all lived in harmony?

If you mean this then this is from the most false of falsehoods.

However, if you meant that they had differences in subsidiary detailed issues that have relation to the Usool then you should have articulated such and left out the sentence:

"And they differed in a major issue."

I look forward to your speedy retraction.

In any case, this teaches us some valuable lessons in the West as Salafis and although I think we should have learnt them from previous Fitan forgetfulness may overtake us from time to time. Hence it is good to remind since this is beneficial for the believers.

1. If a man attended or graduated from the University of Madinah it does not mean that he is Salafi!

2. Do not put anyone in the forefront unless such a person is known for Salafeeyah.

Another point I would like to make is that this seems like the new 'wave' of 'Salafeeyah' that many are promoting nowadays is one where these 'Salafis' join, co-operate and defend the people of misguidance. We must guard ourselves from this and those who call toward it.

May Allah protect us all.