TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)

TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) (http://aa.trinimuslims.com/index.php)
-   Members & New-Member Greetings! (http://aa.trinimuslims.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Assalaamu Alaikumm From Australia (http://aa.trinimuslims.com/showthread.php?t=2935)

Assalaamu Alaikumm From Australia 15Jun2007 07:47 PM

post by Malik.Shakur

Assalaamu Alaikumm All!

My name is Adonis, I'm a 22 yo old half Greek and half Turkish revert, born and raised in Melbourne Australia (no sorry I don't sound like Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter)

I was raised as a Christian, but reverted to Islam at the age of 16..

Insha'ALLAH if the brothers and sisters want to read about my reversion story I shall post the link on the board.

I have always wanted to visit Trinidad ever since I found out about how many muslims are there and plus.. I also love the Caribbean.. and inshaALLAH want to move there one day and help out as much as I can.

I am currently studying Journalism, International Relations, Politics and Arabic at university, but I want to change that to a double degree with Secondary Teaching in the Humanities field, International Community Development, History, International Relations and Arabic inshaALLAH.

Anywho, Thats me...

Massalaama

15Jun2007 07:49 PM

post by abd.al.ala

:wswrwb: :welcome:

Nice to have you on board mate 8) and we look forward to your contributions on the forums Insha Allah.

walikum assalam 15Jun2007 08:08 PM

post by salam

Walikum assalam and welcome to the forum nice to have ya here
might this be the same brother from the muslim village?

salam

Re: walikum assalam 15Jun2007 08:10 PM

post by Malik.Shakur

Quote:

Originally Posted by salam
Walikum assalam and welcome to the forum nice to have ya here
might this be the same brother from the muslim village?

salam

yes thats me :D

15Jun2007 08:22 PM

post by salam

Alhamdulillah!! then am twice as happy to see ya here
lol small world, a trini who hangs out at the muslim village and an aussie at trini muslim

salam

15Jun2007 08:57 PM

post by Malik.Shakur

Quote:

Originally Posted by salam
Alhamdulillah!! then am twice as happy to see ya here
lol small world, a trini who hangs out at the muslim village and an aussie at trini muslim

salam

lol well jazakALLAH khayr bro for your enthusiasm to have me on the board.

I have been looking for a forum on muslims in the caribbean for a long time and am happy that i found this one..

alhumdulillah i like what i see so far from the trini brothers and sisters.

16Jun2007 09:56 AM

post by mauslim

Marhaban!

16Jun2007 10:16 AM

post by Ibn Shareef

alaikas salaam wa rahmatullaah bro...

Hope you get benefit and give benefit inshaAllaah ta'ala.

So, what's the condition of the Muslims in Australia?

16Jun2007 05:19 PM

post by Malik.Shakur

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibn Shareef
alaikas salaam wa rahmatullaah bro...

Hope you get benefit and give benefit inshaAllaah ta'ala.

So, what's the condition of the Muslims in Australia?

jazakALLAH khayr guys..

yeah the condition here alhumdulillah is ok.. we have a big problem with cultural islam though... and racism amongst the ummah.. we also have muslims stabbing muslims in the back.. muslims collaborating with the media and government to damage the credibility of a brother or sister...

there is not enough unity here.. and it pains me to say that in the state i am in, called victoria.. muslims are less than 1% of the population, yet more than 5% of the prison population..

there is however a lot of great people here mashaALLAH.. who are doing really good things.. including alot of interfaith work which is building the links between the muslim, jewish n christian communities..

i myself am a revert alhumdulillah and we are seeing lots of people revert here who are really active in the community mashaALLAH..

16Jun2007 08:23 PM

post by Nadia

Wa Alaikumu Salaam and welcome :) :)

18Jun2007 12:32 PM

post by Fi

:ws2: ...WELCOME!! :mrgreen:

18Jun2007 02:54 PM

post by Zaira

:ws2: :welcome:

To the aussies 18Jun2007 04:59 PM

post by Nadimah

Assalamu alaikum, great to hear from down under. Sorry to hear about the conditions in Victoria, maybe you should move to Melbourne, my dad has a lot of Muslim friends there as well as in Brisbane but I understand that the racism thing is everywhere amongst the ummah anyway, well all the best. Assalamu alaikum.

18Jun2007 09:05 PM

post by Shanaz

:ws: Brother

10Aug2007 09:08 PM

post by Malik.Shakur

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadimah (Post 28749)
Assalamu alaikum, great to hear from down under. Sorry to hear about the conditions in Victoria, maybe you should move to Melbourne, my dad has a lot of Muslim friends there as well as in Brisbane but I understand that the racism thing is everywhere amongst the ummah anyway, well all the best. Assalamu alaikum.

salams everyone.. yeah actually melbourne is in the state of victoria, its the capital.. its a good place to be but we really need to work on the racism and unity issue.. we have a unity conference soon im presenting at inshaALLAH.. are your fathers friends in melbourne trini's? im yet to meet any :D