View Single Post
Old 16Jun2007, 05:19 PM   #9
Malik.Shakur
Welcome!

Location: Melbourne, Australia (No.. I DONT sound like the crocodile hunter!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Shareef
alaikas salaam wa rahmatullaah bro...

Hope you get benefit and give benefit inshaAllaah ta'ala.

So, what's the condition of the Muslims in Australia?
jazakALLAH khayr guys..

yeah the condition here alhumdulillah is ok.. we have a big problem with cultural islam though... and racism amongst the ummah.. we also have muslims stabbing muslims in the back.. muslims collaborating with the media and government to damage the credibility of a brother or sister...

there is not enough unity here.. and it pains me to say that in the state i am in, called victoria.. muslims are less than 1% of the population, yet more than 5% of the prison population..

there is however a lot of great people here mashaALLAH.. who are doing really good things.. including alot of interfaith work which is building the links between the muslim, jewish n christian communities..

i myself am a revert alhumdulillah and we are seeing lots of people revert here who are really active in the community mashaALLAH..
4:135. O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.
Malik.Shakur is offline   Reply With Quote