Q: Is it permissible for a person who is not a student of knowledge; to have a hand in given dawah, run the affairs of dawah with regards to*organizing*lessons or seminars or preparing places and preparing for scholars and students to travel to these places or is it mandatory that he is*a student of knowledge?
A: An individual who strives to do a action or to give wealth for the purpose of dawah, seeking the face of Allah (Azza wajal) then this individual falls under the hadeeth of the prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam); verily actions are by their intentions and everyone will have that which they intended. The prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) mentioned whoever prepares an individual to fight in the way of Allah; it is as if he has fought in the way of Allah and whoever takes care of the family of someone who has gone to fight in the way of Allah, it is if he has fought in the way of Allah.
There is no doubt, the greatest of actions, the supererogatory actions, the greatest of supererogatory actions is fighting in the way of Allah (Azza wajal) and if the reward for an individual who prepares someone to fight in the way of Allah or takes care of his family is as he has fought then this is tremendous reward.
With that being the case if anyone does an action or they give in charity for the purpose of dawah; then this individual has taken part in the actions of the callers themselves.
Shaykh Saalih Muhammad al-Luhaydaan (May Allaah preserve him) (Kitaab-ut-Tawheed Class, Q&A Session 16-02-2013, Riyadh)
Translated by Mustafa George hafidhahullaah
Other Beneficial posts:
- An Amazing Affair From The Dawah of Shaikhul Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah
- A Subtle Point for the Student of Knowledge – Moosa Richardson
- Advice to the student of knowledge – By Shaykh Abdullaah bin Abdir-Raheem al-Bukhaaree
- Story about a Student of Knowledge from 1980s as mentioned by Shaykh Falaah Ismaeel
- The Upper Hand is Better then the Lower Hand and Imaam Sufyaan ath-Thawree on the Filth of the People
- Student of knowledge does not pray in the Masjid ? – Answered by Shaykh Abdur Rahman Al Baraak
- With what do you direct the student and the beginning seeker of knowledge with? – By: Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzan al-Fawzan
- The One That Takes From His Beard is Not a Student of Knowledge – Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzaan
- Amazing is the affair of the Believer, verily all of his affair is Good – Ibn Qayyim al-Jawzeeyah
- Using Comedy for Dawah – Explained by Shaykh Fawzan