Getting Ahead of Yourself
It is reported that Sufy?n Al-Thawr? – All?h have mercy on him – said:
Whoever takes leadership quickly (too early) will harm a lot of [his] knowledge (will not learn what he needs); and whoever does not take leadership can continue to seek knowledge until he reaches [where he needs to be].
Al-D?rim?, Al-Sunan #554.
Click here for the full article...
- I’m the Man [the youngster who puts himself forward]
- At the Doorstep of Knowledge
- Required Learning [What is a Muslim Required to Study?]
- The Behavior of The Seeker of Knowledge
- When the Sinful and the Rabble Take Knowledge