TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago)
Sign-up
Sign-up FAQ Members List TM Google Calendar (NEW!) Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   TriniMuslims.com (Trinidad and Tobago) > Truly, the Religion with God is Islaam. (3:19) > Site Announcements > Members & New-Member Greetings!
Search TM:
Other Sites:

Printable Version Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15Jun2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Malik.Shakur
Welcome!

Location: Melbourne, Australia (No.. I DONT sound like the crocodile hunter!!!)
Default Assalaamu Alaikumm From Australia

Assalaamu Alaikumm All!

My name is Adonis, I'm a 22 yo old half Greek and half Turkish revert, born and raised in Melbourne Australia (no sorry I don't sound like Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter)

I was raised as a Christian, but reverted to Islam at the age of 16..

Insha'ALLAH if the brothers and sisters want to read about my reversion story I shall post the link on the board.

I have always wanted to visit Trinidad ever since I found out about how many muslims are there and plus.. I also love the Caribbean.. and inshaALLAH want to move there one day and help out as much as I can.

I am currently studying Journalism, International Relations, Politics and Arabic at university, but I want to change that to a double degree with Secondary Teaching in the Humanities field, International Community Development, History, International Relations and Arabic inshaALLAH.

Anywho, Thats me...

Massalaama
4:135. O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.
Malik.Shakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15Jun2007, 07:49 PM   #2
abd.al.ala
Trusted Member
4000+ Posts

Nice to have you on board mate 8) and we look forward to your contributions on the forums Insha Allah.

“Verily, Allaah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills” [al-Nisa’ 4:48]
abd.al.ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15Jun2007, 08:08 PM   #3
salam
Welcome!

Default walikum assalam

Walikum assalam and welcome to the forum nice to have ya here
might this be the same brother from the muslim village?

salam
Old 15Jun2007, 08:10 PM   #4
Malik.Shakur
Welcome!

Default Re: walikum assalam

Quote:
Originally Posted by salam
Walikum assalam and welcome to the forum nice to have ya here
might this be the same brother from the muslim village?

salam
yes thats me
4:135. O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.
Old 15Jun2007, 08:22 PM   #5
salam
Welcome!

Alhamdulillah!! then am twice as happy to see ya here
lol small world, a trini who hangs out at the muslim village and an aussie at trini muslim

salam
Old 15Jun2007, 08:57 PM   #6
Malik.Shakur
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salam
Alhamdulillah!! then am twice as happy to see ya here
lol small world, a trini who hangs out at the muslim village and an aussie at trini muslim

salam
lol well jazakALLAH khayr bro for your enthusiasm to have me on the board.

I have been looking for a forum on muslims in the caribbean for a long time and am happy that i found this one..

alhumdulillah i like what i see so far from the trini brothers and sisters.
Old 16Jun2007, 09:56 AM   #7
mauslim
Trusted Member
300+ Posts

Marhaban!
mauslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16Jun2007, 10:16 AM   #8
Ibn Shareef

alaikas salaam wa rahmatullaah bro...

Hope you get benefit and give benefit inshaAllaah ta'ala.

So, what's the condition of the Muslims in Australia?
Old 16Jun2007, 05:19 PM   #9
Malik.Shakur
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Shareef
alaikas salaam wa rahmatullaah bro...

Hope you get benefit and give benefit inshaAllaah ta'ala.

So, what's the condition of the Muslims in Australia?
jazakALLAH khayr guys..

yeah the condition here alhumdulillah is ok.. we have a big problem with cultural islam though... and racism amongst the ummah.. we also have muslims stabbing muslims in the back.. muslims collaborating with the media and government to damage the credibility of a brother or sister...

there is not enough unity here.. and it pains me to say that in the state i am in, called victoria.. muslims are less than 1% of the population, yet more than 5% of the prison population..

there is however a lot of great people here mashaALLAH.. who are doing really good things.. including alot of interfaith work which is building the links between the muslim, jewish n christian communities..

i myself am a revert alhumdulillah and we are seeing lots of people revert here who are really active in the community mashaALLAH..
Old 16Jun2007, 08:23 PM   #10
Nadia
Trusted Member
1200+ Posts

Wa Alaikumu Salaam and welcome
Ibn Abi’l-Dunya narrated this hadeeth in his essay al-Gheebah wa’l-Nameemah (Backbiting and malicious gossip), in a chapter entitled Ma jaa’ fi Dhamm al-Taqa’’ur fi’l-Kalaam (p. 15), in which he narrated from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“That which I fear the most for my ummah is every well spoken hypocrite
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18Jun2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Fi
Trusted Member
300+ Posts

:ws2: ...WELCOME!! :mrgreen:
Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18Jun2007, 02:54 PM   #12
Zaira
100+ Posts

:ws2:
Old 18Jun2007, 04:59 PM   #13
Nadimah
Welcome!

Default To the aussies

Assalamu alaikum, great to hear from down under. Sorry to hear about the conditions in Victoria, maybe you should move to Melbourne, my dad has a lot of Muslim friends there as well as in Brisbane but I understand that the racism thing is everywhere amongst the ummah anyway, well all the best. Assalamu alaikum.
Nadimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18Jun2007, 09:05 PM   #14
Shanaz
Inactive
700+ Posts

Brother
Shanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10Aug2007, 09:08 PM   #15
Malik.Shakur
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadimah View Post
Assalamu alaikum, great to hear from down under. Sorry to hear about the conditions in Victoria, maybe you should move to Melbourne, my dad has a lot of Muslim friends there as well as in Brisbane but I understand that the racism thing is everywhere amongst the ummah anyway, well all the best. Assalamu alaikum.
salams everyone.. yeah actually melbourne is in the state of victoria, its the capital.. its a good place to be but we really need to work on the racism and unity issue.. we have a unity conference soon im presenting at inshaALLAH.. are your fathers friends in melbourne trini's? im yet to meet any